- 3d printing
- additive manufacturing
- advanced manufacturing
- agriculture and forestry
- aluminium smelter
- Australian supply chain
- Building Material Manufacturers
- carbon nanotubes
- car manufacturing
- CRC Industries
- Electric Cars
- free trade agreement
- GFG Alliance
- Hong Kong
- Liberty House
- lithium-ion battery
- manufacturing sustainability
- material handling
- Matt Canavan
- Maureen Dougherty
- New Zealand
- Performance of Manufacturing Index
- Rio Tinto
- sanjeev gupta
- Diagnosing maintenance problems
THE handheld Fluke 810 Vibration Tester enables maintenance teams to rapidly collect data and diagnose and solve mechanical problems.
- IEC-compliant power analyser
THE Hioki PW3198 Power Quality Analyser is a Cat IV (600V) instrument capable of harmonic and inter harmonic measurements to the 50th and 49.5th orders (including power harmonics) respectively
- Remote advance system puts low-level picking in operator’s hands
Crown’s QuickPick Remote Advance system is designed to make low-level picking in warehouses and distribution centres simple.
- LED high bay lighting saves industrial lighting costs
Hi-Semicon Australia will release new range of LED High Bay Lighting systems for industrial applications.
- High-performance storage and retrieval system
THE RapidStore Mini-Load is the latest in a series of high-performance storage and retrieval machines (SRMs) from Dematic.
- New VERICUT interface for SolidCAM at EMO
SolidCAM launched its VERICUT CNC program verification software at the recent EMO show in Hannover.
- Fast, efficient drilling centre offers 0.1mm accuracy
PROFILE Cutting Systems (PCS) is now offering a unique drilling solution called the PCS Drilling Centre designed for fast and efficient drilling of up to 100mm diameter with an accuracy of 0.1mm.
- Quick and smooth jaw replacement
Dimac Tooling now offers the Kitagawa QJR series (Quick Jaw Release), a quick change power chuck that can be easily mounted in place of a standard chuck to keep the installation cost low.
- Increased weld toughness for automated applications
Lincoln Electric has introduced Pipeliner 81M, a gas-shielded, flux-cored (FCAW-G) wire designed for hot, fill and cap pass welding on up to X70 grade pipe.
- Precise clamping force for workshop machining
Kurt has introduced the D688 vise model designed with high precision roller bearings and alloy steel screw mechanism for even distribution of clamping force.
- 2011/12 Safety guide for metal manufacturers
Pro-Visual Publishing has released the 201112 Metal Manufacturing Industry Guide which is said to provide the industry with the most up-to-date safety information.
- Linked dollies system for hire
Moving heavy items is simple, safe and easy with a new flexible system of linked dollies, available for hire from Kennards Hire.
- High-quality forklift range
POWERLIFT Material Handling’s Powerlift HC Range of forklifts, manufactured by Chinese company Hangcha, are now available in Australia.
- Accuweigh, providing local packaging support
Accuweigh is Australia’s largest industrial weigh/packaging company with eight branches across Australia providing local service support to clients across all mainland states.
- Automatic rotary arm saves wrapping
TechnoWrapp has released its new B300 stretch wrapping machine which features an automatic rotary arm and patented ‘Syncro’ ring guide.
- Automated storage system
A NEW, modular automated storage and retrieval system (ASRS) for unit loads, such as palletised goods, is said to significantly reduce the lead time, engineering complexity and costs
- Small, fast palletizing robots
MANUFACTURERS can now take advantage of two new ABB palletising robots, three new grippers and a related software program.
- Continuous automatic motor lubrication
IDEAL for motor lubrication, GreaseMax single point automatic lubricators provides continuous controlled grease output at a set rate, for a set period, without maintenance or adjustment.
- Integrated motion in PowerFlex AC drives
Rockwell Automation has expanded its Allen-Bradley PowerFlex 755 AC drives to 450kW while also including Integrated Motion.
- Linear motion control
ENERPAC’S Uni-Lift mechanical actuators have been designed for linear motion control in precision positioning and control in a mechanical package.