- Stamped contacts: a convenient alternative from Treotham
- New processor class to enhance CPU performance, real-time behavior and graphics capabilities
- Kemppi releases new X5 FastMig industrial welder, packed with capability for outstanding arc-welding productivity
- Building a data-driven food safety and inspection operation
The CAPS Brumby range of rotary screw air compressors has now been extended to include variable speed compressors to compliment the current fixed speed range. Units are available in sizes ranging from 5 to 15 kW.
A Variable Speed Drive compressor will use a variable speed, or VSD drive, which allows the motor to actually ramp up and down, allowing for power consumption savings. Properly sized for the same end use, a VSD compressor can yield power savings upwards of 35 per cent in some cases.
Energy is always a significant cost to any business and the inverter in the VSD system performs a “soft” start operation by ramping up the motor speed slowly, which reduces the high draw peaks that are typical when a fixed speed motor is started. This also helps protect electrical and mechanical components from the starting mechanical stresses that can shorten the life of an air compressor.
So, overtime, choosing the variable speed option will save you up to 35 per cent in power cost but will also make your installation last longer and avoid downtimes.
Other features include:
- EXTRA AIR STORAGE CAPACITY FOR SPIKES IN AIR DEMAND AND LONGER CYCLE TIMES
- INTEGRATED REFRIGERATED AIR DRYER AND FILTRATION PACKAGE
- NATIONAL COVERAGE, LOCAL SUPPORT
Phone: 1800 880 878