Now engineers designing into applications in factory automation, medical, communications and consumer markets can tap into four new micro-system-level IC (uSLIC) modules from Maxim Integrated Products.
The MAXM17552, MAXM15064, MAXM17900 and MAXM17903 step-down DC-DC power modules join Maxim’s extensive portfolio of Himalaya power solutions, providing the widest input voltage range (4 to 60V) with the smallest solution sizes.
While miniaturisation remains the trend for an array of system designs, many of these designs also require a wide range of input voltages. For example, supply voltages in factory automation equipment are susceptible to large fluctuations due to long transmission lines.
USB-C and broad 12V nominal applications require up to 24V of working voltage protection against transients due to hot plugging of supplies and/or batteries. The newest Himalaya uSLIC power modules extend the portfolio’s range up to 60V versus the previous maximum of 42V and come in a solution size (2.6mm x 3.0mm x 1.5mm) less than half the size of the closest competitive offering.
The modules feature a synchronous wide-input Himalaya buck regulator with built-in FETs, compensation and other functions with an integrated shielded inductor. Having the inductor in the module simplifies the toughest aspect of power supply design, enabling designers—even those with little power expertise—to create a robust, reliable power supply in less than a day.
The newest uSLIC modules are:
- MAXM17552, a 4 to 60V, 100mA module with 100 to 900kHz adjustable switching frequency, 82 per cent efficiency (24V VIN at 5V/0.1A) and external synchronization frequency in a 2.6mm x 3mm x 1.5mm package
- MAXM15064, a 4.5 to 60V, 300mA module with 500kHz adjustable switching frequency, 82 per cent efficiency (24V VIN at 5V/0.1A), external synchronization frequency and built-in output voltage monitoring in a 2.6mm x 3mm x 1.5mm package
- MAXM17900, a 4 to 24V, 100mA module with 100 to 900kHz adjustable switching frequency, 86 per cent efficiency (12V VIN at 5V/100mA), external synchronization frequency and built-in output voltage monitoring in a 2.6mm x 3mm x 1.5mm package
- MAXM17903, a 4.5 to 24V, 300mA module with 500kHz fixed switching frequency, 77 per cent efficiency (12V VIN at 3.3V/300mA), external synchronization frequency and built-in output voltage monitoring in a 2.6mm x 3mm x 1.5mm package
- Wide Input Voltage Range in the Smallest Size: Industry’s broadest input voltage range (4 to 60V) in the smallest size (2.6mm x 3.0mm x 1.5mm), less than half the size of the closest competing solution.
- Ease of Use: One of the toughest design challenges for inexperienced designers is to choose an inductor which will meet the power, size, emission and temperature requirements for a given design. Himalaya uSLIC modules have an integrated shielded inductor which conforms to the standards of the datasheet, meeting all electrical requirements and allowing designers to build a power supply in a few hours. Getting a fully working power supply can be as easy as choosing the input and output capacitor and setting the output voltage through the resistor divider network.
- Robust and Compliant with Electromagnetic Interference Standards: Compliant to CISPR 22 (EN 5022) Class B EMI, eliminating the need for power supply redesigns; JEDEC certified to withstand drop, shock and vibration.
Details about Himalaya uSLIC power modules: https://www.maximintegrated.com/uSLIC
Details about MAXM17552: https://www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAXM17552
Details about MAXM15064: https://www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAXM15064
Details about MAXM17900: https://www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAXM17900
Details about MAXM17903: https://www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAXM17903
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim Integrated develops innovative analog and mixed-signal products and technologies to make systems smaller and smarter, with enhanced security and increased energy efficiency. We are empowering design innovation for our automotive, industrial, healthcare, mobile consumer and cloud data center customers to deliver industry-leading solutions that help change the world. Learn more at https://www.maximintegrated.com.
Contact: Summer Shen