- A good fit: Bosch partners with Aussie startup on 3D custom clothing technology
- Experience, expertise and evidence: what makes a successful ASDEFCON proposal?
- Wheels to last the distance
- Supply chains disruption: A deep technology shift required to build the new face of manufacturing and distribution in Australia
The C6027 ultra-compact Industrial PC from Beckhoff is a fanless device that offers high computing power in a compact form factor trough Intel-Core i U series processors. Compared to the C6025 IPC already on the market, it has a second circuit board level with optional interfaces or an integrated 1-second UPS. Further variants are in preparation.
The C6027 ultra-compact Industrial PC opens up numerous new application areas for a modular device with an additional circuit board level – optionally selectable as an interface or function extension. Available to start are:
- 6 x Ethernet ports (RJ45)
- an integrated 1-second UPS to secure persistent data
In the initial variant, i.e. with a total of nine Ethernet ports, the C6027 is ideally suited as an IoT or security gateway for connecting different machine and system modules. In addition to this edge computing functionality, the C6027 also provides machine builders with a powerful and, at 82 x 127 x 69 mm, extremely compact machine controller. Supported by diverse, flexible mounting options, the device fits in almost every control cabinet and machine concept.
The IPC’s energy-efficient Intel Core i U processor – with significantly lower energy consumption than the other processors in the series – and the advanced passive cooling design enable full heat dissipation via a heat sink on one side. Housed in an aluminium and zinc die-cast enclosure, the C6027 offers a feature set that includes the following:
- up to four CPU cores
- 4 GByte DDR4 RAM (expandable to 8 GByte)
- 40 GByte M.2 SSD with 3D flash memory
- 1 x DisplayPort video connector
- 4 x USB 3.0 ports
- on-board Ethernet controller with 3 x 100/1000Base-T ports
operating temperature range of 0 to 50 °C