- Stamped contacts: a convenient alternative from Treotham
- New processor class to enhance CPU performance, real-time behavior and graphics capabilities
- Kemppi releases new X5 FastMig industrial welder, packed with capability for outstanding arc-welding productivity
- Building a data-driven food safety and inspection operation
The ultra-compact Beckhoff C6025 Industrial PC is designed to deliver the high computing performance of the Intel Core i series in a fanless, small-form-factor device. The new Intel Core i U processors, with exceptionally low power requirements, have made this possible.
Measuring just 82 x 127 x 40 mm and combining high computing performance with a fanless design, the new C6025 IPC is an ideal choice for demanding control applications where green, sustainable IT is also a requirement. It is built around the Intel Core i U processors that deliver Core i performance capabilities yet consume significantly less power than other processors of the same series. The 8th Gen Intel Core i U processors used in the C6025 also offer an advantage which is typical of evolving PC technology: higher performance at the same price point. With this new addition, the Beckhoff portfolio of industry-ready and long-term available Industrial PCs now spans five CPU performance classes – from ARM through to Intel Xeon – for maximum scalability.
The IPC’s energy-efficient Intel Core i U processors, in combination with an advanced cooling design, enable fully passive heat dissipation via a heat sink on one side. Housed in an aluminium and zinc die-cast enclosure, the C6025 offers a feature set that includes the following:
- up to four CPU cores
- 4 GB DDR4 RAM (expandable to 8 GB)
- 40 GB M.2 SSD with 3D flash memory
- 1 x DisplayPort video connector
- 4 x USB 3.0 ports
- on-board Ethernet controller with 3 x 100/1000Base-T ports
- operating temperature range of 0 to 50° C
The power-efficient, ultra-compact C6025 Industrial PC expands the broad IPC portfolio from Beckhoff with a device that offers a performance level situated between the entry-level devices with Intel Atom CPUs and those with high-performance Intel Core i-series processors. With this addition, the product portfolio better addresses the growing trend toward compact, fanless Industrial PCs while supporting applications with highly intensive computing requirements.