Leading supplier of 2D and 3D CAD/CAM software, ZWSOFT has announced the availability of the beta program for its forthcoming ZW3D 2011 software.
Users are invited to download the beta of ZW3D 2011 from zw3d.zwcad.org. It will provide mechanical engineers and designers a fresh opportunity to test the latest productivity-enhancing features developed by ZWSOFT.
The beta program closes May 1, with the software scheduled to ship at the end of May.
Users are encouraged to complete a survey on the ZW3D 2011 beta.
New in ZW3D 2011
This latest beta version of ZW3D 2011 offers users the following new features:
- SmoothFlowTM Direct Edit design paradigm combines the speed and flexibility of direct modeling with the precise control of dimension-driven design – without losing the functionality of history-based modeling. SmoothFlow lets you modify features quickly and effectively on native and imported geometry without waiting for history regeneration.
- Automatic 3D Feature Machining breaks down part topology into solid features, and then analyzes the capabilities of library tools to produce efficient machining plans. This breakthrough technology shortens programming by an estimated 50%, and reduces machine cycle times by up to 30%.
- QuickEdit with SmartPick presents users with context-sensitive editing tools based on the geometry selected. No longer is there a need to preselect editing tools. In addition, ZW3D now edits imported data as if they are native objects.
- One-Step Core & Cavity Calculator creates both cores and cavities for mold designs in one operation.
- Integrated PartSolutions Library accesses a huge catalog of parts in ANSI, DIN, ISO, JIS, and a dozen other international standards.
Free Upgrade Program
Since December 10, 2010, customers purchasing ZW3D 2010 or existing VX customers who pay the upgrade fee for ZW3D 2010 may receive a free upgrade to the corresponding edition of ZW3D 2011 once it begins shipping in May.
Details on this free upgrade program are available at this link.
ZWSOFT is a leading supplier of CAD/CAM software solutions, and is headquartered in Guangzhou, China with branch offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Wuhan, and Melbourne, Florida.
The company employs about 400 people and supports an international network of skilled strategic partners. www.zwcad.org