Reed Exhibitions, organisers of National Manufacturing Week 2011 today announces the theme for the concurrent NMW Conference – ‘Embracing innovation for a competitive, efficient and sustainable future’.
Tailored specifically to current industry challenges, the conference will provide a closed-door forum for manufacturers and industry leaders to share ‘how-to’ strategies and intelligence on business issues.
NMW, with supporting partners AMTIL and Enterprise Connect are presenting the NMW Conference separate to the demonstrations that will be held in NMW 2011’s main exhibition space, on May 25-26.
NMW 2011 Exhibition Director, Paul Baker comments, “Despite the fact that manufacturers share the same broad goals, many will use different tools to accomplish them, and will strike different opportunities and roadblocks along the way.”
“Therefore, there’s a great deal to gain by bringing industry advisers, policymakers and – most importantly – hands-on managers together, to hear about strategies that have worked, as well as developments on the horizon that will impact on future operations.”
Baker emphasises that the NMW Conference will aim to deliver actionable strategies and advice (which would otherwise cost thousands), which will be of real value to manufacturers. Key themes will include:
• Overview of key Australian Government assistance programs for the manufacturing industry and case studies of how Australian manufacturers have leveraged these programs;
• The economic outlook and its likely impact on industry development
• When to choose domestic vs offshore production
• Interactive workshops on
o Latest projects in advanced technology – including carbon fibre, nanofabrication and digital manufacturing
o Effective management strategies for engineering business growth
• Employing green technologies for sustainable, profitable growth
• The how-to of Lean Supply Chain management and Agile manufacturing
• How suppliers can help you achieve competitive advantage
• Real-world examples of what happens when an entire workforce is focused on continuous innovation.
Speakers will include experts from Toyota Australia, Frontline Australasia, ANCA, Itl, H.I. Fraser, Schiavello Group and Branach Ladders.
The full NMW Conference program and costs is available here.
NMW 2011 will be held in Melbourne, May 24 – 27. This year’s event will be co-located with Austech and the triennial Ausplas exhibition, and will occupy most of the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre.