New VC80 mobile computer puts desktop applications at the fingertips of vehicle operators working in the toughest environments
Zebra Technologies Corporation, a global leader in solutions and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations’ assets, people and transactions, today announces the introduction of new technology that is designed to enhance productivity in the Australian manufacturing and transport and logistics sectors. The new Windows 10-ready VC80, Zebra’s most powerful and advanced vehicle-mount computer, virtually extends any PC-based application to material-handling vehicle operators who require mobile access to desktop applications.
Manufacturers, distributors and transportation and logistics (T&L) organisations can use the VC80’s wireless capabilities to seamlessly connect to the host system while roaming – making it the ideal solution for receiving, picking, packing, shipping, cross-dock and replenishment applications. This combination of features enables organizations to run their businesses more efficiently by connecting mobile workers to back-end systems, providing visibility to floor operations.
The ultra-rugged VC80 is easy to install on forklifts, clamp trucks, yard mules and cranes and is built to operate in the toughest indoor and outdoor environments including warehouses, distribution centers, airports, seaports and railway yards.
- The VC80 features the full Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7 or Windows 7 Professional operating system (OS) and can be used as a stationary computer off a conveyor system, a dock door or as a mobile workstation kiosk.
- With a field-replaceable touchscreen and keypad, the VC80 is repairable right on the spot – eliminating trips to the service depot and maximizing device availability.
- Optimized for freezer or cold storage environments with its unique system of smart temperature sensors that control heaters for protection against internal and external condensation, the VC80 also includes a heated touchscreen to help improve mobile worker productivity and reduce downtime.
- Featuring multiple mounting options, including an optional quick-release mount, the VC80 is easy to install and remove, and it’s built to withstand continuous operations in industrial environments providing businesses with greater efficiencies during scheduled and unplanned maintenance.
- The VC80 can easily be equipped with a deployment-ready mobile solution to connect to Zebra mobile printers and handheld scanners, enabling businesses to collect business-critical information and print with ease.
- Zebra OneCare Essential Services can significantly reduce unforeseen repair expenses for the VC80 by providing device diagnostics and coverage for normal wear and tear, as well as accidental damage to internal and external components.