After the success of the 2008 Endeavour Award’s ceremony held alongside National Manufacturing Week in Sydney last May, manufacturing’s ‘night of nights’ will now travel to Melbourne in 2009. Katherine Crichton writes.
THE Endeavour Awards, Australia’s only national awards program exclusively for manufacturers, is now open for nominations for the 2009 program, which promises to be bigger than ever.
Now in its sixth year, the prestigious Manufacturers’ Monthly Endeavour Awards is becoming recognised as a highly regarded opportunity for manufacturers to showcase their recent achievements and successes.
Attending last year’s event, Industry Minister Senator Kim Carr and close to 300 invited guests recognised the best of Australian manufacturing at a gala awards dinner held on May 28th in Sydney coinciding with National Manufacturing Week.
The Endeavour Awards program was created to recognise and reward excellence in Australia’s manufacturing industry and is supported by some of Australia’s leading companies and organisations.
With your ongoing support, the Endeavours has grown to become Australia’s premier manufacturing awards program and after the success of the 2008 Endeavour Award’s gala ceremony, the next Awards ceremony will be heading to Melbourne on May 13th, 2009.
Free to enter, the Awards offer a unique occasion for manufacturers to demonstrate to customers and potential customers the success of their business and enhance the company’s reputation both locally and overseas, be it as a finalist or taking out an actual award.
The easy-to-enter Awards program is open to all companies, regardless of size, who have a manufacturing presence in Australia, including engineering and process companies.
The program includes nine categories:
• Technology Application of the Year Award – for successful applications of new technology in manufacturing processes;
• Environmental Solution of the Year Award – for successful implementations of solutions to reduce the environmental impact of manufacturing operations;
• Safety Scheme of the Year Award – for successful implementation of schemes to improve safety in manufacturing plants;
• Exporter of the Year Award – for successfully entering or developing an export market with a new or existing locally made product;
• Australian Consumer Product of the Year Award — for innovative new consumer products;
• Australian Industrial Product of the Year Award – for innovative new industrial products;
• Young Manufacturer of the Year Award – for the rising stars of Australia’s next generation of manufacturers;
• Global Integration Award – for companies who have engaged in global supply chains and;
• Australian Steel Innovation Award — for innovative products or projects using Australian-made steel.
There will be winner and highly commended awards for each category, plus an overall Manufacturer of the Year award.
Why enter the awards?
As an Australian manufacturer, nominating for an Endeavour Award is an excellent way of recognising the efforts and achievements of employees and to celebrate their success.
These achievements will also be acknowledged with more than $31,000 worth of prizes to be won.
All finalists will receive two complimentary tickets (valued at $150 each) to the prestigious awards presentation gala dinner to be held May 13th, 2009.
Finalists and winners will receive extensive publicity in Manufacturers’ Monthly, on the magazine’s website, as well as through other media outlets.
Plus all winners will receive $3,500 worth of marketing services, including $2,500 worth of advertising in Manufacturers’ Monthly, plus $1,000 worth of PR by WriteRelease.
You will also be able to use the Manufacturers’ Monthly Endeavour Awards logo in a wide range of promotional activities including in your advertising, trade show graphics, product literature and on your website.
As an applicant, you’ll be joining a prestigious group of leading manufacturers, working to achieve best practice and excel in an ever competitive global market.
So don’t delay, this is your opportunity to become Australia’s Manufacturer of the Year 2009. Remember entry is free, with the deadline for entries being close of business on January 30th, 2009.
For an application form visit www.manmonthly.com.au/Awards.aspx or contact Ashley Buncher on 02 9422 2944, email email@example.com.
For more information call Katherine Crichton on 02 9422 2964, email Katherine.firstname.lastname@example.org.