Siemens has announced additional global and local industry experts who will be joining the robust line-up of speakers for Digitalize 2018, which will be held on Wednesday, 8 August at the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).
The latest speakers and panellists confirmed include:
• Hon Trish White – National President and Chairman of Engineers Australia
• Tim Kelsey – Executive Director of Champion Data
• Peter Wearne – Manager of Facilities at the Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC)
• Robert Marigilani – Regional Director for Australia and New Zealand at Bentley Systems
• Dr Paul Ebert – Global Technology Director – New Energy at WorleyParsons • Con van Kemenade – Director of Public Policy at LO3
• Jens Goennermann – Managing Director of the Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre • Andrew Dettmer – National President of the Australian Manufacturing Workers Union
• Professor Aleksandar Subic – Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research and Development) at Swinburne University of Technology
• David Chuter – Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director at Innovative Manufacturing CRC (IMCRC)
The above join other high-profile speakers including Audrey Zibelman (CEO of AEMO), Michelle Price (CEO of AustCyber), Innes Willox (CEO of Ai Group) and Ian Macleod (Siemens’ Fleet delivery Manager for Thameslink in the UK) to discuss the four event themes. Following the success of last year, this year’s conference will explore Australia’s digital future across the themes of workforce of the future, intelligent infrastructure, the country’s energy transition and Industry 4.0.
- Workforce of the Future
Members from education and industry will come together to explore how to prepare the workforce for the new reality of work. As part of this session, speakers will discuss the outcomes of the Industry 4.0 Apprenticeship Program – a first-of-its-kind program designed by Siemens, Swinburne University and Australian Industry Group to equip students with the skills of the future through industry and academic collaboration.
- Intelligent Infrastructure
This session will feature presentations, panel discussions and an interactive breakout session on the role of technology in building resilient cities for the future. Speakers will also discuss the Melbourne Cricket Ground’s own intelligent infrastructure upgrades and Thameslink, one of the largest rail infrastructure projects the United Kingdom has undertaken, amongst other infrastructure topics.
- Australia’s Energy Transition
How can Australia’s energy market manage the shift from traditional to renewable generation? This session will cover how new market movements such as distributed energy systems and blockchain technology will help progress Australia’s energy transition.
- Industry 4.0
Industry experts will discuss how companies of various sectors – from a micro-distillery to the world’s leading paint manufacturer – can embark on their own digitalization journey through Industry 4.0, and the critical role that cloud-based solutions will play in this space.
In its third year, Siemens’ Digitalize 2018 is sponsored by Dell EMC and APS Industrial and supported by Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre, Australian Manufacturing Workers’ Union (AMWU), and Engineers Australia, the GermanAustralian Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Microsoft’s Global Sports Innovation Centre, Australia China Business Council, Innovative Manufacturing Cooperative Research Centre (IMCRC), Swinburne University, AustCyber and Standards Australia.
For registration and more details see https://www.siemensdigitalize2018.com/