Inside Advanced Manufacturing will take place across Queensland from 12-16 July, with 20 advanced manufacturers hosting invited delegates on 36 behind-the-scenes tours sharing new designs, technologies, processes and practices transforming the sector.
Local manufacturers will see first-hand how Queensland’s leading advanced manufacturers have transformed their businesses and become internationally competitive.
“As part of the Palaszczuk government’s COVID-19 Economic Recovery Plan, we’re working with our manufacturers every day on their shop floors and in their supply chains to innovate, create a skilled workforce and adopt world best practices,” minister for Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water Glenn Butcher said.
“Inside Advanced Manufacturing will celebrate the best of the sector right across Queensland and will further the momentum of Queensland becoming Australia’s leading manufacturing state.
“Twenty leading Queensland manufacturers will welcome fellow manufacturers into their facilities, to showcase their advanced technology and share exactly how they adopted and adapted to Industry 4.0 process and practice,” he said.
“Queensland is the manufacturing powerhouse of Australia; I commend our manufacturers for sharing their knowledge and expertise with others as the sector gears up to become more internationally competitive.”
This insight will be invaluable for manufacturers searching for resources to grow locally and extend their reach globally.
“The Palaszczuk government is proud to support Queensland manufacturers and we’re excited to promote some of our state’s success stories, for the benefit of the sector and a stronger economy,” Butcher said.
Some of the regional manufacturers participating in Inside Advanced Manufacturing include:
- Wilmar Bioethanol in Mackay, leader in the renewable energy market investing in fuel grade ethanol and electricity production, will host a site tour at its Sarina facility on Monday 12 July and Wednesday 14 July.
- CIE Australia in Cairns offers superior electrical mining solutions and will showcase its facility and advanced manufacturing technology, such as its new specialised laser powered by the Nitrocube (a first for Queensland), in guided tours at 8am on Tuesday 13 July and Wednesday 14 July.
- Geofabrics, a Gold Coast-based geosynthetic specialist building road, rail, landfill and renewables infrastructure with sustainable products, will offer tours to their facility at 8am on Tuesday 13 July and Thursday 15 July.
- Australian Expedition Vehicles, a Townsville vehicle engineering and modification specialist, will demonstrate its long-range military patrol vehicle and latest technology at its Townsville workshop at 8am on Wednesday 14 July and Thursday 15 July.
- Mecha Engineered Mechanical Solutions in Gladstone provides engineering solutions to major industry and will showcase equipment like its reverse engineering scanner and articulated robot at its Gladstone site at 12pm on Wednesday 14 July and at 8am on Thursday 15 July.
- Saleyards Distillery in Rockhampton, a distiller of premium spirits, will host two tours of its Rockhampton site to show its production processes using a rum distiller, the only one of its kind in Australia, at 12pm on Thursday 15 July and again on Friday 16 July.
- Oreco Group, an agricultural and horticultural product manufacturer in the Bundaberg region, will showcase its automated equipment including the nation’s largest industrial crop dryer and the largest range of baling and packaging equipment, during site tours at 8am and 12pm on Thursday 15 July.
- Nestlé, one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, will host a tour at their Gympie manufacturing plant to showcase its advanced technology and intelligent reverse engineering processes at 9am on Thursday 15 July.
Other participating manufacturers will include DCISIV Technologies, Doehler Group, EM Solutions, Frontline, Mexx Engineering, Northern Engineering and Manufacturing Company (NEAMCO) PT Automation, Sanofi Australia: Consumer Healthcare, Sharpe Engineering, Tubeworx, Wagners CFT and Werner Engineering.
To find out more about Inside Advanced Manufacturing, visit www.qld.gov.au/insidemanufacturing to view the 36-event schedule.