Safe Work Australia Chair, Tom Phillips AM, announced the start of the public comment period for 15 draft model Codes of Practice, to support the new model work health and safety legislation.
The public comment period for the draft model Codes of Practice begins on Monday 26 September 2011 and closes on Friday 16 December 2011.
The public comment period for model work health and safety legislation on mining has been extended and closes on Friday 7 October 2011.
The draft model Codes of Practice released for public comment are:
• First Aid in the Workplace
• Managing Risks in Construction Work
• Preventing Falls in Housing Construction
• Managing Electrical Risks at the Workplace
• Managing Risks of Hazardous Chemicals
• Managing Risks of Plant in the Workplace
• Safe Design of Building and Structures
• Excavation Work
• Demolition Work
• Spray Painting and Powder Coating
• Abrasive Blasting
• Welding and Allied Processes
• Safe Access in Tree Trimming and Arboriculture
• Preventing and Managing Fatigue in the Workplace
• Preventing and Responding to Workplace Bullying
"There are ranges of draft Codes of Practice available for comment. These include broad topics including first aid and preventing and responding to workplace bullying. Specific industries like construction, excavation and demolition work are also covered in these draft Codes of Practice," said Phillips.
To comment on the draft Codes of Practice, visit the Safe Work Australia website.