GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms, a unit of GE Enterprise Solutions, has included a wide range of unique features specifically designed for OEMs and their specialised needs in the recently announced Proficy HMI/SCADA – iFIX 4.5.
These enhancements provide comprehensive monitoring, control and data management for companies worldwide.
This new version of the visualisation product provides a variety of OEM-specific features including the ability to build OEM brand awareness with their customers.
Specific customisable features for OEMs include:
* Custom splash screen that loads upon iFIX installation;
* Installation menu can also be customised to user requirements, adding or removing choices and launching additional CD content;
* Ability to create a CD with custom Install Options and a custom bitmap graphic; all installation questions are answered by a script and the setup.exe includes new command-line options;
* Customisable Directory Name where the software installs;
* Rebranding of iFIX application tools such as Workspace, Database Manager, Tag Group Editor.
The iFIX CD has been organised to cleanly accept additional content, typically application files or user utilities, enabling simultaneous installation with the program.
In addition, iFIX 4.5 supports the remote management capabilities of Microsoft SMS (Systems Management Server). OEMs can now stop iFIX, install SIMs, restart iFIX remotely and automatically through the use of Microsoft SMS.
For more information contact:
GE Fanuc – email@example.com