The Institute of Instrumentation, Control and Automation (IICA) will be holding an Automation for the Future Symposia 2010 as part of National Manufacturing Week in Sydney on 12 May.
The event will feature various high-profile industry speakers. The program is as follows:
– Information Storage for Automation Systems in the Future – Rob Gillespie, I & E Systems
– VSD: Harmonics Phenomenon & Methods of Mitigation – Fuad Mehmedovic, ABB Australia
– Automated Inspection for Quality & Reliability – Marc Fimeri, Adept Electronic Solutions
– Logic Solvers for Safety & Critical Controls – Geoff Rogers, Invensys
– Quantitative Design of Fire & Gas Safety Systems – Dr Issam Mukhtar, Premier Consulting Services
– Wireless Technology – is it suitable for the industrial & automation market yet? – Steve Carey, Industrial Instrumentation Training
– Beyond Alarms – Securing the Operating Envelope – Bob Weiss, Honeywell
The one-day event will take place during NMW at Sydney Olympic Park, and will be free for IICA members, and will cost $150 for others.