The Modern Manufacturing Expo has announced the program for the Expert Arena, featuring short, sharp information sessions, delivered by some of Australia’s best-known manufacturing minds.
This event promises to be a transformative experience, showcasing the latest advancements in manufacturing techniques that can drive unprecedented growth for any manufacturing business.
“The two-day Expert Arena is free to attend if you’ve registered for the Modern Manufacturing Expo,” explains Marie Kinsella, CEO of the International Exhibition & Conference (IEC) Group and organiser of the Expo.
The informal and interactive nature of the Expert Arena offers manufacturers a unique opportunity to engage with industry leaders and gain invaluable insights into their manufacturing processes, futureproofing their business not just for today, but well into the future.
“With an Expert program that includes notable companies such as Mitsubishi Electric, RSM Australia, Slimstock, CSIRO, Swinburne University, Wiise, Fordyno, Siemens and HSO to name a few, attendees are spoilt for choice when planning their time at the Expo,” adds Kinsella.
Kinsella confirms that Minister for Industry and Science, the Hon Ed Husic MP, will give the Expert Arena opening address and that representatives from both the Federal and NSW Governments will play an important part in the program.
“Those who want to hear directly from the government regarding the public sector’s plans to accelerate local manufacturing should take note that Day 2 (Thursday 21 September) of the Expert Arena will feature four morning sessions hosted by the NSW Government, from 10h00 to 12h00”.
“These four sessions will feature industry sector panel discussions and presentations from important speakers that explore the opportunities and challenges that have arisen with the large-scale shift to modern manufacturing processes, as well as the government-backed resources on offer,” she says.
“The morning sessions will kick-off with an address from Alix Wright, Associate Director at the Office of the Modern Manufacturing Commissioner, who will explain the NSW’s Commissioner’s role in driving local manufacturing efforts,” Kinsella adds.
The Expert Arena sessions from key manufacturing industry professionals are designed to provide insight, wisdom and best practice. The length of the sessions is deliberately capped at between twenty to thirty minutes, ensuring that the information shared is easily digestible for practical implementation tips.
Selected highlights from the program include:
- Unlock the Power of Data for Sustainable Operations. Meighan Heard, Mitsubishi Electric
- How will you Futureproof Your Manufacturing Business? Jessica Olivier and Brynt Moggach, RSM Australia
- Master the 5 Building Blocks of Inventory Management. Frank Bucolo, Slimstock
- Robotics Industry in Australia. Christian Ruberg, Robotics Australia Group
- Resilience, Sustainability and Competitive Advantage in Manufacturing with SERVITIZATION. Vikram Sachdeva, Swinburne University
- Building Resilience through Connected Data. Toni Jones, KPMG Australia and Chris Makenzie, Wiise Australia
- Consolidating Smart Manufacturing Solutions to Achieve Improvement Synergy. Matt Mafrici, Team Assurance
- Additive Manufacturing in Production Process. Jason Tan, Fordyno
- Intelligent Automation for Production, Distribution, and Intralogistics. Michael Kemeny, KNAPP
- Advanced Manufacturing Trends and the Advanced Manufacturing Research Facility. Ben Kitcher, Western Parkland City Authority
- Supply Chain Resiliency. Chandru Shankar, HSO
- Eight Ways To Make More With Less. Tim McLean, TXM Lean Solutions
- The Emergent Industrial Metaverse. Milan Bawa, Siemens
“These essential information sessions are designed to give manufacturers a head start on their transformation journey. The knowledge you’ll gain by attending the Expert Arena will be instrumental in adapting your manufacturing processes to embrace the digital age effectively,”Kinsella oncludes.
The full Expert Arena program can be viewed at the Modern Manufacturing Website here.