ADVANCE Metal Products has been at the forefront of sheet metal manufacturing for over two decades. The company says its success stems from innovation, commitment and enthusiasm and a constant willingness to challenge convention and to innovate.
Today’s global marketplace requires organisations to continually innovate and update work practices to keep the competitive edge. Innovation is the conversion of ideas into value, into products and services that will lead to a more competitive Australia.
The endeavours of innovators are recognised by the Manufacturers’ Monthly Endeavour Awards. To promote the recognition of these individuals and companies, Advance Metal Products continues with its third consecutive year of sponsorship of the Australian Industrial Product of the Year category in 2009 to assist in securing the future of manufacturing in Australia.
Company managing director, Ian Stone believes the investment in innovative, productivity enhancing technologies along with R&D must be a primary driving force for Australian manufacturers to compete in the new global economy.
“The recognition the Endeavour Awards provides to innovative Australian products is important in encouraging Australian businesses to implement incremental innovation into their core competencies,” he said.
The Endeavour Awards offer a unique occasion for manufacturers to demonstrate to their customers and potential customers the success of their business and enhance the company’s reputation both locally and overseas, be it as a finalist or taking out an actual award.
The easy-to-enter Awards program is open to all companies, regardless of size, who have a manufacturing presence in Australia, including engineering and process companies.
The program includes nine categories:
• Technology Application of the Year Award – for successful applications of new technology in manufacturing processes;
• Environmental Solution of the Year Award – for successful implementations of solutions to reduce the environmental impact of manufacturing operations;
• Safety Scheme of the Year Award – for successful implementation of schemes to improve safety in manufacturing plants;
• Exporter of the Year Award – for successfully entering or developing an export market with a new or existing locally made product;
• Australian Consumer Product of the Year Award – for new consumer products;
• Australian Industrial Product of the Year Award – for new industrial products;
• Young Manufacturer of the Year Award – for the rising stars of Australia’s next generation of manufacturers;
• Global Integration Award – for companies who have engaged in global supply chains and a new category for 2008:
• Australian Steel Innovation Award — for creative new products or projects using Australian-made steel to deliver value and competitive advantages for users.
There will be winner and highly commended awards for each category, plus an overall Manufacturer of the Year award.
As the leading magazine for Australia’s manufacturing industry, Manufacturers’ Monthly established the Endeavours to acknowledge companies in their drive to achieve ‘best practice’ manufacturing.
With your ongoing support, the Endeavours have grown to become Australia’s premier manufacturing awards program.
Finalists, highly commended and winners will receive well deserved publicity in Manufacturers’ Monthly – both in the magazine and online – and other media outlets, plus they will be able to use the Endeavour logo in all advertising, trade show graphics, product literature, website etc.
So don’t delay, this is your opportunity to become Australia’s Manufacturer of the Year 2009.
Remember entry is free, with the deadline for entries COB 30th January 2009.
For an application form contact Ashley Buncher, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://184.108.40.206/Awards.aspx
For more information contact Katherine Crichton, email Katherine.email@example.com.