Handling glass panels in manufacturing plants can be challenging and at times hazardous due to their weight and fragility.
Allplastics Engineering, a privately owned Australian business specialising in the machining, fabrication and supply of polymer/ plastic materials, came up with a solution to safely handle glass panels.
Allplastics Engineering offered Evolution Windows custom made black, high density Polyethylene panels with CNC Routed grooves. The Polyethylene panels are designed not only to eliminate the problem of the glass sheets hitting each other; this system also promotes the sliding of glass panels in and out of storage.
The application can be used in Acrylic and Polycarbonate sheet plants. High density polyethylene (HDPE) has exceptional sliding properties, good chemical resistance and easy machinability whilst being lightweight and cost effective.
HDPE is available in various grades suitable to specific conditions and applications. It is recyclable and we offer recycled graded if required.
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Very high surface release property
- Does not absorb water and is non toxic
- Very low coefficient of friction
- Very good dampening properties
- Food grade cutting boards (natural)
- Parts subjected to high impact stresses
- Flow promotion
- Conveyor parts subject to wear and requiring low friction
- Components in touch with foodstuffs
- Timber replacement applications
- Pads for transport and infrastructure
- Wear strips
- Agriculture – feeding troughs and feed bins
- Flanged bushes for marine environments
- Non-stick rollers
- Custom tanks
|HDPE Sheets||HDPE Rods|
|Size (mm)||2000 x 1000|
2440 x 1220
3000 x 1500
4000 x 1000
|18 – 500|
|Thickness||1mm – 100mm|
Phone: (02) 8038 2000