As a family-owned business with 60 years of experience, Richmond Wheel and Castor specialises in the design, manufacture and supply of industrial wheels, rollers, castors and material-handling equipment.
In October 2017, the company supplied 166 Double Flange Wheel kits for a large-scale temporary structure for a construction project in Sydney.
With multiple branches across Australia and New Zealand, Richmond Wheel and Castor supplies wheels to businesses in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Darwin, offering products made from a range of materials including nylon, polyurethane, cast iron and rubber. Whether you need trolley wheels, wheelbarrow wheels, ATV wheels, or replacements for worn out or missing wheels, we’re sure to have a product to suit.
“Our engineering team are always ready to assist with complete turnkey solutions to any project, no matter how large,” Daniel Kabel, engineering department manager at Richmond Wheels and Castor told Manufacturers’ Monthly.
Richmond Wheel and Castor designed and specified the wheels and frames for the specific application with the following criteria:
- 5T vertical load capacity
- Resistance to vertical lift 3.4T due to high wind in the area
- Low profile overall design to reduce the castor footprint
- High performance bearings to ensure load is carried smoothly
- Heavy duty zinc plated steel castor frame to resist corrosion
- Additional load bearing steel side rollers
- Complete fabrication and supply package, ready to bolt on to the frame
“For decades we have specialised in working with our customers to solve simple to highly complex engineering challenges, specialising in material handling applications. With a wide variety of machines and fabrication facilities in house, combined with additional support (when required) from our local manufacturing network, we can build whatever you require,” Kabel said.