- advanced manufacturing
- Australian innovation
- Australian manufacturing
- Bestech Australia
- bsc Industries
- CAPS Australia
- CBC Australia
- ECI Solutions
- energy consumption
- flow power
- Global FM
- industry 4.0
- Mt Elliot Springs
- Paul May
- Predictive Maintenance
- RS Components
- Schaeffler Australia
- software algorithms
- VEGABAR 38
- wholesale energy
- Not without reservations….
As manufacturers face a gas and energy supply crisis, what is being done to address the issue and ensure they can power on.
- 2013: The battle between the taxpayers and the manuocrats
The battleground between business, taxpayers and government for 2013 is taking shape. It is manufacturing and jobs.
- Managing effectively in 2013
Effective management is critical to the success of manufacturing companies, both internally and externally. Alan Johnson reports.
- Fighting counterfeit labels
Counterfeit products are becoming an increasing problem for manufacturers who make high-end or specialised equipment and can cost companies millions of dollars in lost revenue.
- Calling all advanced manufacturers…
“Innovative though unheralded” could be used to describe more than a couple of Australia’s best manufacturers. Sadder still, it could be applied more widely to Australia in general. Austrade is in the middle of a program trying to change all that.
- Using social media for your manufacturing business
As social media becomes more invasive and an every day part of business, how can you use it to your advantage?
- Australian manufacturing productivity worst among developed nations: US report
A United States Bureau of Labor Statistics report comparing 19 developed nations has ranked Australian manufacturing as the least productive.
- New bulk bag export pallets to hit market
Bulk Handling Australia Group have released its new slim-line plastic export pallet for bulk bags onto the Australian and New Zealand Markets.
- Advanced Australian manufacturers: AstraZeneca’s $80 million investment
Australia’s car industry is faltering and our wine sector is facing increasing offshore competition, however, there is good news when it comes to pharmaceutical manufacturers, Alex Heber reports.
- How the Industrial Internet can change what manufacturers do
GE Intelligent Platform’s CEO, Jody Markopoulos, has listed five ways that connecting factories to the internet can improve the way manufacturers operate.
- CHEP: the company that moves what you make
CHEP pallets have been transporting Australian products since the end of WWII. Manufacturers’ Monthly visits one of the company’s service centres to find out a little about its role in the supply chain.
- R&D Incentives and Government Grants – Maximising your return on R&D investment
Investing in R&D is an important part of operations for many manufacturing companies and can drive the achievement of long term success, Deloitte’s Andrew Leung & Jason Crawford explain.
- Beer battle coming to a head – The rise of micro-breweries
As beer consumption drops to a 50 year low, the mainstream beer manufacturers have suffered a drop in sale, which is being filled by more nimble micro-breweries.
- To market, to market to export Australian…
The mining boom has brought with it the opportunity for direct export, increased demand for local resources and stimulated growth in services for the resources export supply chain.
- Taking advantage of the export market
As many nations develop their industries, new market are opening up to Australians overseas.
- Education needed to cash in on mining
In the increasingly volatile manufacturing sector, innovating to meet the changing needs of clients is the key to success,as one company in Wollongong has shown with great results.
- Australian Made wine in the Chinese Century
The boom of the Australian wine market overseas has seen a rash of Chinese attempts at counterfeiting. Brent Balinski writes.
- An introduction to lean manufacturing
An infographic giving you a brief on the pros and cons of lean manufacturing.
- Achieving zero landfill at an automotive plant
The short story of how one Subaru automotive plant achieved a zero landfill status, recycling every single thing.
- Is the Asian Century the key to Australia’s manufacturing success?
How will the government’s white paper on Australia in the Asian Century affect local manufacturing?