- Air Liquide
- APS Industrial
- Automation Technology
- Automotive Industry
- CBC Australia
- cloud computing
- collaborative robots
- deep learning
- digital innovation
- food and beverage
- industrial automation
- industrial plant
- Industrial Robots
- industry 4.0
- Mouser Electronics
- Occupational Health And Safety
- oil and gas
- product recall
- Robotic Automation
- universal robots
- viva energy
- Endeavour Awards Steel Innovation Award: Modular Wall Systems
A quick install, temporary boundary wall made from Australian steel has won this year’s Australian Steel Innovation award.
- Endeavour Awards Young Manufacturer of The Year: Jason Oliver, Black Widow Enterprises
For leading the expansion of his family owned company and growing the automotive aftermarket company in a downturn, Jason Oliver has been recognised as the Young Manufacturer of the Year.
- Endeavour Awards Most Innovative Company: Sage Automation
A company that started in a backyard shed is now leading the pack, and been recognised for its innovative practices.
- Endeavour Awards Overall Manufacturer of the Year: ANCA
A manufacturer that helps manufacturers manufacture has been recognised as the Manufacturer of the Year.
- Niche markets can breathe new life into manufacturing
Ford’s announcement that it will cease making cars in Australia is an enormous blow to manufacturing, and especially to the workers involved. But does it mean Australian manufacturing on its deathbed? Far from it.
- Ford’s exit spells the end of the road for manufacturing
“You’ll never see Japanese cars in an RSL car park.”
That was Bill Bourke, Ford Australia’s sales supremo of the ’60s.
Bourke was wrong. Dead wrong.
- Lencrow – covering all materials handling bases
From humble beginnings, Lencrow Materials Handling has grown to become a significant materials handling supplier. The company has extensive sales, hire, and service offerings.
- Next generation AC drives take aim at inefficiency
Machine builders and end users alike want AC Drives that are easy to configure, deliver flexible control, and offer efficient communication.
- Global laws needed to safeguard rights of factory workers
It’s been almost a month since the collapse of the Rana Plaza garment factory in Bangladesh, resulting in the deaths of 1100 garment workers.
- CSIRO suggests robotics solutions to boost manufacturing competitiveness
The CSIRO suggests that the way forward for Aussie manufacturers isn’t humans or robots, it’s humans and robots.
- Crowdsourcing prior art to defeat 3D printing patent applications: The Maker Movement
A segment of the 3D printing (3DP) community, known as Makers, is using the concept of crowdsourcing as a sword to oppose 3DP-related patent applications, potentially creating problems for patent applicants everywhere.
- Manufacturing clean technology solutions with Autodesk
Autodesk, Nexus eWater, and the federal government’s Clean Technologies Supplier Advocate Mark Newson discuss some of the opportunities available to new clean technology companies.
- Industry Q&A: Roy Wilkinson, Company Secretary/Director at Akubra
As part of our new Q&A series we interview you, and find out what your job is day to day. This edition features Roy Wilkinson, Company Secretary/Director at legendary Australian hat maker Akubra.
- Time to get on board the mobile technology train
Following Australian consumers lead, industry should now be boarding the mobile technology train and embracing smart phones and tablets to improve productivity. Alan Johnson reports.
- Automation, new technology and keeping your feet on the ground
When it comes to automation, Sick is focused on four things – flexible automation, quality, track and trace and safety.
- Marketing and the maturing manufacturer
Your manufacturing business is poised for growth. You’ve just won that large client your sales team have been working on for years. You’re about to enter new markets that could create unprecedented opportunities. You’ve acquired another business and there are prospective clients you know are a perfect fit. You’ve created a new product that has the potential to put your company on the map.
- Manufacturers’ Monthly’s Endeavour Awards: Celebrating a decade in the industry
The tenth annual Manufacturers’ Monthly Endeavour Awards last night celebrated excellence and innovation in Australia’s manufacturing industry.
- Manufacturers’ Monthly Leaders’ Summit Opening Address
As part of National Manufacturing Week, Manufacturers’ Monthly hosted the Leaders’ Summit where manufacturers and the industry gathered to discuss what’s really happening in the industry.
- Industry Q&A: Production Supervisor
As part of our new Q&A series we interview you, and find out what your job is day to day. In this edition we speak to Matthew Arblaster, a production supervisor at Bayer and a nominee for the 2013 Endeavour Awards Young Manufacturer of the Year award.
- A view on: Australia’s manufacturing industry
Many people seem to equate manufacturing with 19th century technology, with the steam engine and grease, but in fact that is not the case.