- 3d printing
- 3d printing services
- Air Liquide
- atlas copco
- Atlas Copco compressors
- Australian exports
- Australian government
- australian industry group
- BOC systems
- business and industry
- Endeavour Awards
- Endeavour Awards 2019
- Energy Efficiency Council
- energy savings
- engineering Australia
- exports Australia
- Food and Beverage Industry
- global supply chain
- ifm Australia
- ifm efector
- ifm factory automation
- Industrial Internet of Things
- industry 4.0
- internet of things
- Redarc Australia
- SICK Australia
- SICK Australia and New Zealand
- Weld Australia
- Welding Australia
- Women in Industry
- Women in Industry 2018
- women in manufacturing
- Workplace Safety
- Hurry, Endeavour Awards 2012 entries closing 27 February!
The deadline has been extended two weeks for nominations for the 9th Annual Manufacturers’ Monthly Endeavour Awards, so it’s not too late to enter for your chance to be recognised as a great Australian manufacturing innovator!
- ‘Up-skilling’ our future: A Manufacturers’ Monthly Leaders Summit event
OVER the years I’ve spent writing for the manufacturing industry, it has become clear to me that our Manufacturers’ Monthly readers are all advocates of skills retention, training and development – because they realise the importance of keeping Australia’s manufacturing industry thriving in the future.
- Young minds and the young at heart
ROBOTICS specialist ABB is passionate about the securing the next generation of manufacturing workers. So much so, that the company is supporting the 9th Annual Manufacturers’ Monthly Endeavour Awards, through its sponsorship of the Young Manufacturer of the Year Award.
- Young minds and the young at heart
ROBOTICS specialist ABB is passionate about securing the next generation of manufacturing workers. So much so, that the company is supporting the 9th Annual Manufacturers’ Monthly Endeavour Awards, through its sponsorship of the Young Manufacturer of the Year Award.
- Manufacturing workforces of the future
In times of critical skills shortages, older workers are providing a solution to labour supply problems for many Australian businesses, but only if employers manage to hang onto them.
- Australian standard to come for air audits
Air audits can provide an important means of establishing the efficiency of systems, however no Australian Standard currently exists for the conduct of audits.
- Dollar is painful but no predator
Despite the strong Australian dollar, exporters are continuing to supply overseas markets profitably, but it’s not easy.
- Cloud computing is not all fluff
Offering lower IT costs and improved security, manufacturers are starting to see real substance to cloud computing.
- OPINION: Hail the yellow vest
The car industry has been given a new lease on life, with funding securing jobs for years to come – and it’s not just because our PM fancies herself in a yellow vest.
- Australia’s handout-addicted car industry needs some tough love
The Federal Government will contribute millions of dollars to Australian car manufacturers Holden and Ford in an effort to keep Australia’s automotive sector afloat.
- OPINION: We will never abandon those who make Australia’s cars
The fight for Australia’s car industry is back in the headlines, with hard news at Toyota and open warfare in the Coalition. It could well have been resolved long ago. Senator Kim Carr writes.
- Manufacturing can benefit from advanced automation
Integrated Architecture facilitates the convergence of control and automation processes to streamline production and information management across an entire manufacturing or processing plant.
- Industry’s future in young hands
Manufacturers are being urged to think about internships and partnering with local work placement groups to overcome the present, and future, skilled workers shortages in Australia.
- 3D printers a boom for designers
3D printing adds a whole new dimension for industrial designers, and has the potential to revolutionise the manufacturing industry.
- Evolving automation systems drive advances in manufacturing
Paul McRoberts discusses the importance of intelligent software for increasing productivity in manufacturing plants.
- Geared motors for rolling mills
NORD Drivesystems has supplied 2,500 geared motors to the Shanghai Baosteel Group Corporation for a heavy plate mill in Pudong which produces sheets for the ship-building Industry.
- Using motors and drives to reduce operating expenses
With the cost of energy continuing to rise, manufacturers are advised to look at alternative ways to reduce their costs and improve operational efficiencies.
- Dynamic supply chains: a bridge over troubled waters
Reinventing the supply chain to be as adaptable as possible is the best way to fight economic turmoil.
- Machine vision boosts productivity
Advances in machine vision technology for manufacturing environments can deliver significant quality control and productivity benefits.
- New sunflower-inspired pattern increases concentrated solar efficiency
Researchers have come up with a design that reduces the amount of land required to build a CSP plant, while increasing the amount of sunlight its mirrors collect.