- 3d printing
- 3d printing services
- Air Liquide
- atlas copco
- Atlas Copco compressors
- Australian exports
- Australian government
- australian industry group
- Australian manufacturers
- business and industry
- electricity supply
- Endeavour Awards
- Endeavour Awards 2019
- energy consumption
- Energy Efficiency Council
- energy savings
- energy savings Australia
- engineering Australia
- exports Australia
- global supply chain
- ifm Australia
- ifm efector
- ifm factory automation
- Industrial Internet of Things
- industry 4.0
- internet of things
- Redarc Australia
- renewable electricity
- renewable energy storage
- SICK Australia
- SICK Australia and New Zealand
- Weld Australia
- Welding Australia
- Women in Industry
- Women in Industry 2018
- women in manufacturing
- Workplace Safety
- Automation need not be complicated
Automation is vital in today’s highly competitive manufacturing environment, but it doesn’t have to be difficult. Alan Johnson reports.
- IoT helps manufacturers work smart
The Internet of Things is described as a key enabler for manufacturing intelligence. Christine Filippis reports.
- NZ meat processor chooses NORD helical bevel gearbox to increase reliability and extend service life
A helical bevel gearbox package from NORD Drivesystems was installed at a leading New Zealand-based meat processing plant that sought to reduce downtime.
- MES and seeing your way to success
Latest generation Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) offer the visibility required to increase production efficiencies.
- Top 9 automation trends
The following technologies will play a major role in the evolution of automation in the manufacturing sector. Paul Miller explains.
- Where to now for the RET?
There is no need to dump the Renewable Energy Target. But, as Innes Willox writes, now would be a great time to improve it.
- OHS figures don’t lie
Workplace safety rarely makes the headlines today, but that’s not to say manufacturing is a completely safe occupation. Alan Johnson reports.
- How to save on warehouse space
Matt McDonald looks at one solution that can help businesses cut down on warehouse space and boost efficiency.
- Tyvek suits reduce risks associated with handling asbestos
Due to its smooth surface and antistatic treatment Tyvek prevents particles from adhering to the coverall.
- BYOD and the growing demand for mobile ERP
As organisations seek to improve operational efficiency and customer engagement, mobile access to ERP systems is becoming standard.
- What’s behind the boom in 3D printing?
Terry Wohlers, President and founder of the consultancy Wohlers Associates, has been tracking the growth of the additive manufacturing industry since the 1980s. Brent Balinski spoke to Wohlers, ahead of the expert’s visit here, about some of the major recent trends.
- Pushing the envelope: ES Wigg and Son celebrates 165 years
ES Wigg and Son will close their business this Friday and sit down for a company-wide lunch. It’s a low-key celebration that doesn’t betray the magnitude of the achievement it marks: 165 years trading as a family-owned manufacturer.
- CSIRO in Australia: looking to the future
Taxi drivers often ask me what I do for a living, and when I say I work for CSIRO, they get animated and show they know and love us.
- How do we shape the future of manufacturing?
Where are Australia’s strengths and how do we make the most of them? Innovation and productivity guru Professor Roy Green tells Brent Balinski about the kinds of companies that thrive here and what needs to be done to encourage more of them to emerge.
- What sort of role might carbon fibre have in Australia’s industrial future?
A newly-opened, state-of-the-art research facility in Geelong and a new innovation hub are part of plans to boost the role Australia will play in the global market for carbon fibre products. Brent Balinski reports.
- Education remains important as additive manufacturing booms
Research released this month has shown additive manufacturing grew by more than a third in 2013. Ido Eylon from Stratasys told Brent Balinski about why the figures were no surprise, as well as what areas are important to his company and why.
- Can Australian manufacturers be optimistic about the future? [VIDEO]
Manufacturers’ Monthly caught up with four winners at the recently-held Endeavour awards and asked them about where, if anywhere, Australian manufacturing is heading.
- How important is it for manufacturers to continually upskill their employees? [VIDEO}
Smart Fabrication Director Simon Kennedy discusses the important role continual upskilling plays in the manufacturing industry, noting how regular training at all levels of his business has contributed to its success.
- What can manufacturing companies do to innovate? [VIDEO]
Manufacturers’ Monthly caught up with some successful innovators at the recently-held Endeavour awards. We asked two of the night’s winners about the secrets to their success.
- Now possible to seperate processes of applying adhesive and actual joining
Liquid adhesives need time to cure and cannot be applied in every production step.