- Leussink Engineering increases apprentice uptake in Illawarra
In what ranks as a complete antithesis to the generally gloomy forecast for manufacturing in the NSW industrial region of Illawarra, engineering firm Leussink Engineering has announced it is increasing its 2012 uptake of apprentices.
- Sevaan wins back Asia-outsourced fabrication with quarterly-based contract management
Contract fabricator Sevaan Group has devised a new business model and delivery system to bring back to Australia work which is being channelled overseas because of cost reduction.
- Speed maintenance gives fabricator more punch
While most fabricators search for faster speed in processing, contract manufacturer Servgas Sheet Metal is setting its own pace to produce clean sheets without the stress.
- Fabrication software wins Formula 1 time trial
Australia/NZ distributor of JETCAM sheetmetal software, Maxitec has pointed to one of the world’s most time conscious and material savvy industries to highlight the intricate competitive advantages this software can bring.
- Fabrication and machining merger forms Sevaan Group
Proline Technology and fabricator Wisby & Leonard have merged to create Sevaan Group, providing high-tech just-in-time OEM and repetitive sheetmetal machining and parts engineering.