- Network security is the key for information sharing, automation company says
The rapid development of long distance communication technologies has created a global interconnected platform allowing for boundless information sharing that is not limited by proximity.
- Productivity boost draws major clients
With a new workshop, boosted morale and a 100% increase in production, Bundamba-based Brisbane Tray Bodys Pty Ltd (BTB) has caught the eye of major clients, including winning a contract with a global mining, oil and gas company.
- Carbon tax: expert sees opportunities for energy management suppliers
Most organisations will need to invest in systems to monitor operational processes and to analyse and report on their energy consumption, the energy efficiency of production facilities and offices and their overall CO2 emission outcomes.
- Conference to address skills shortage set to hit manufacturers
QMI Solutions has revealed South-East Queensland could be facing critical skills shortages in less than four years, predicting a shortfall of more than 40,000 jobs – a key issue, which it will address at its upcoming 2011 Manufacturing Skills Conference on June 9, in Brisbane.
The shortfall will be exacerbated by the estimated $23bn worth of infrastructure projects taking place across the region, according to the Conference organisers and industry body.
- Conference puts manufacturing capacity under the microscope
Primarily led by the resources boom, Queensland has enjoyed significant growth rates outperforming the rest of Australia for most of the past decade. More recently with the onset of the GFC and natural disasters, Queensland is faced with the unique challenges of business recovery – one of which is addressing the balance between growth and capacity.
“Building Capacity for Growth” is the theme for the 2011 Manufacturing Skills Conference. Speakers will get to the heart of the ‘capacity’ issues directly affecting Queensland manufacturing such as:
• Skills capacity – what skills are required and where
• Supplier capacity – improve or import
• Capacity constraints – what project owners need from suppliers
• Sustainability capacity – what happens when the work is finished