- Workplace mental and physical health under the spotlight
It is estimated that untreated mental health conditions cost Australian workplaces approximately $10.9 billion per year, comprising of $4.7 billion in absenteeism, $6.1 billion in presenteeism and $145 million in compensation claims. Business owners and organisational leaders play a critical role in driving practices that promote mental health in the workplace.
- Complacency no more! It’s time to drive change in Workplace Safety
Complacency is one of the most common issues in workplace safety, and the penalty can be fatal.
- Creating mentally healthy workplaces Workplace Safety Brisbane forum – 22-23 April 2015
One in six working age people live with a mental illness and in some sectors, such as mining, the numbers are much higher.
- Australian belly plate safety lifter TED attracts world’s largest miners
An Australian designed and manufactured remote control belly plate lowering and elevating device for tracked vehicles is being introduced to the USA after achieving outstanding success in its home market.
- REGISTRATION OPENS FOR AUSTRALIA’S ‘ONE STOP’ SAFETY SHOW
Registration is now open for the Safety First Conference & Expo, May 26 – 30 in Melbourne, Australia’s only one-stop event for professionals keen to take workplace safety to the next level. The event offers access to industry experts – including Prof Sidney Dekker alongside leaders from industry and government – backed by a showcase … Continue reading REGISTRATION OPENS FOR AUSTRALIA’S ‘ONE STOP’ SAFETY SHOW