- Voluntary administrations set to rise as record numbers of ASX companies face collapse
Nearly a third of all ASX-listed companies were close to insolvent in 2013 including more than half of the smallest 500 and 28 per cent of medium companies.
- Now possible to seperate processes of applying adhesive and actual joining
Liquid adhesives need time to cure and cannot be applied in every production step.
- Emotion detectors built into cars could make driving safer
In collaboration with PSA Peugeot Citroën, engineers have adapted a facial detection device for use in a car, using an infrared camera placed behind the steering wheel.
- GE to facilitate manufacturing transformation with software suite
The solutions have been designed specifically to meet the strategic objectives of manufacturers as they transform their operations to benefit from the Industrial Internet.
- Carbon fibre poised to lift manufacturing in Geelong
A Deakin University facility has built a carbon fibre line in Victoria and will look to supply the ultra-thin and strong fibres globally.