- Australia’s outgoing Chief Scientist says we’re good but we can be better
Today marks Professor Ian Chubb’s final day as Australia’s Chief Scientist. It’s a position he’s held for almost five years, during some of Australia’s most turbulent political times.
- Australian industry can learn from its manufacturing ‘outliers’
Australia’s manufacturing industry is in decline. Yet some businesses are managing to buck the trend.
- Looking at the future through graphene goggles
Laying out the potential of graphene as a new super-metal.
- Senate committee draws battle lines ahead of carbon price fight
With the knock back of the carbon tax repeal, things look to get messy for industry.
- Red tape: not as straightforward as Abbott’s pledge to repeal
Macquarie University’s Michael Quilter discusses the impact of red tape, and of its proposed removal.