- Teenage apprentice loses fingers in guillotine accident
An Adelaide aviation firm has been fined and ordered to pay compensation to a teenage employee who suffered partial amputations to the tips of his right middle and left index fingers whilst working.
- WorkSafe WA to conduct safety inspections in May
WorkSafe WA will conduct an inspection campaign to look at safety standards in manufacturing workplaces in the Malaga ndustrial area next month.
- Worker’s death prompts safety alert for elevating work platforms
WorkSafe Western Australia has highlighted the importance of identifying site hazards prior to operating an elevating work platform after a worker died while carrying out maintenance work.
- Schneider Electric to grow Food and Beverage sector in Australia
Schneider Electric has identified the food and beverage industry in Australia as a major key growth opportunity for 2011 and will increase its business focus and expand its team in the sector in coming months.
- ifm appoints new managing director
Former managing director Albrecht Baer, has retired from ifm efector and the company is proud to announce David Delany as the new managing director for Australia and New Zealand.