- Holden is one piece in GM’s global restructuring puzzle
In the wake of the global financial crisis, Holden’s parent company, General Motors was placed on life support.
- Can 3D printing rebuild manufacturing in Australia?
It’s not easy being a small business in the current manufacturing environment. The face of manufacturing is changing, and businesses are eager for technological advances that could give them a competitive advantage.
- The evolving factory – Hyperspecialisation on the factory floor [VIDEO]
Manufacturing is continuously evolving. In this video by Sandvik Cormant, Ferret looks at the challenges ahead of the industry
- Crowdsourcing prior art to defeat 3D printing patent applications: The Maker Movement
A segment of the 3D printing (3DP) community, known as Makers, is using the concept of crowdsourcing as a sword to oppose 3DP-related patent applications, potentially creating problems for patent applicants everywhere.
- Is food safety getting worse?
With the risk of food contamination increasing, producers, manufacturers, retailers, regulators and the consuming public all continually raise the bar for food safety. The variety of potential contaminants that must be detected across the food supply chain complicates screening procedures.