- SPC Ardmona cuts peach quota
Australian peach growers say they were only informed of SPC Ardmona’s decision to cut its peach quota by almost 20 per cent after they had begun preparing for season.
- Kerry closing Melbourne factory
Food maker Kerry is closing its manufacturing plant in Melbourne, leaving up to 100 employees out of work.
- Sluggish Australian beer and wine market could see job cuts for glass manufacturer
Owens-Illinois (OI) Australian employees could soon be out of work, as the US-based company reassesses its business amid slower beer and wine markets.
- Australia’s iconic Darrell Lea in administration
Beloved Australian confectionary manufacturer and retailer Darrell Lea has gone into voluntary administration.
- Packaging manufacturer receives Halal certification
An Australian developer and manufacturer of sustainable plastics and packaging has received Halal certification for a new range of resins.