- Aussie company patents high speed, high altitude image stabilisation tech
AUSTRALIAN geospatial imaging R&D firm Spookfish has filed a patent application centered around image stabilisation technology.
- Toshiba converts idle semiconductor factories to vegetable farm
TOSHIBA has converted one of its former semiconductor plants into a vegetable farm with the aim of producing 3 million bags of vegetables a year.
- Adelaide-based LBT trials automated lab technology
ADELAIDE-based medical technology company LBT Innovations has begun clinical trials of its Automated Plate Assessment System.
- Chinese and Taiwanese solar makers offshoring production
CHINESE and Taiwanese solar manufacturers are moving production offshore in response to US anti-dumping and countervailing duties ruling against them.
- ANU launches satellite instrumentation manufacturing facility
THE Advanced Instrumentation and Technology Centre at Mount Stromlo Observatory will allow local satellite manufacture, claims the ANU.