- Time to bring award system into 21st century
We need an award system that looks after employees but also does away with red tape and excessive union interference in the workplace. Innes Willox writes.
- Tackling non-conforming products
Non-conforming products raise questions about quality and safety; and pose commercial challenges for those who play by the rules.
- Ai Group comments on non-conforming building products
Over the decade there has been an increase in anecdotal reports by business about non-conforming products, particularly in building and construction.
- Australian Industry Group to explore use of sub-standard building products
For most of us, ‘standards’ do not comes across as a particularly exciting area but in terms of the contributions product standards make, including in creating a fair and level playing field for Australian businesses, the issue is hugely important.
- The debate over 457 visas has reached the bottom of the barrel
During the past week we have heard a chorus of comments from the federal government
and the ACTU claiming rorting by unscrupulous businesses and suggestions that the treatment of some 457 visa holders is ‘‘tantamount to slavery’’.