- Leadership during Crisis – The Takata Recall
The big news in the automotive industry last month was the escalation of the ongoing Takata airbag affair.
- ‘Grey’ workers hold the key to manufacturing’s future
The UK’s workforce is getting older and older, and manufacturing will be particularly hard hit.
- Lean Lessons from Japan – Australian Industry Group Lean Japan Tour
In November, Shinka Management, in conjunction with the Australian Industry Group, conducted a lean manufacturing study tour of Japan. The tour provided Australian industry leaders with first-hand experience of world-class lean implementation in a country renowned for its productivity, quality and safety levels.
- A view on: Australia’s manufacturing industry
Many people seem to equate manufacturing with 19th century technology, with the steam engine and grease, but in fact that is not the case.
- New standard offers safer, more economical storage systems
New racking standard moves from a “permissible stress” design philosophy to a “limit states” design approach.