- Red tape causes food manufacturer to walk away from retail
A West Australian food manufacturer is fed up with the red tape and regulations involved in getting her product on supermarket shelves and will now focus on her wholesale business.
- Bottled water takes a dive
There’s speculation that this could be the beginning of the end for bottled water, with less people drinking it and more people aware of the industry’s environmental impact.
- Fonterra invests $100m in UHT milk plant
Multi-national dairy company, Fonterra, will invest more than $100m in a new UHT milk processing plant at its Waitoa site in New Zealand’s Waikato region.
- Striking workers demand larger slice of profits
Workers at Sargent’s Pies have gone on strike, calling for a 99 cent per hour pay rise.
- Rosella enters receivership
The group which owns iconic brands such as Rosella, Gourmet Food, has entered receivership after failing to find a buyer for the business.