- Sanitarium sells off NZ factory
Food manufacturer Sanitarium has announced the sale of its Christchurch factory, where popular Weet-Bix and Marmite products have been produced, with distribution now centralised to Auckland.
- Fonterra confirms E. Coli contamination
Fonterra is conducting a voluntary recall of its 300ml and 500ml Anchor and Pams fresh cream, with tests showing E.Coli may be present.
- Fonterra worker reinstated after Harlem Shake dismissal [video]
A New Zealand Fonterra employee who was dismissed for performing the Harlem Shake dance while at work has had his position permanently reinstated.
- Beam acquired by Japan’s Suntory for $15bn
Beam, the manufacturer of Jim Beam and Marker’s Mark has been acquired by Japan’s Suntory Holdings for US$13.6 billion (A$15bn), with annual spirit sales for the combined company expected to top US$4.3bn.
- Two US students reinvent humble cardboard box [video]
Two undergrad students from the United States have reinvented the humble cardboard box.