- Evidence of employers misusing 457 visas shows need for reform
As furore over misuse of 457 visas, calls are being made for a reform of the system.
- The story of steel maps the job future for car workers
With car making shutting down in Australia, the possible future of the workers is up in the air, so can they be redeployed to new industries?
- Niche markets can breathe new life into manufacturing
Ford’s announcement that it will cease making cars in Australia is an enormous blow to manufacturing, and especially to the workers involved. But does it mean Australian manufacturing on its deathbed? Far from it.
- Once a cultural icon, is Australia’s surfboard industry destined to disappear?
Is the surfboard industry yet another victim of the high Australian dollar?
- Getting your supply chain in shape
TRADITIONALLY manufacturers have not built their supply chains to respond in a synchronised way to variability in customer demand.