- LTQ Engineering to cease operations in September
Aircraft engine overhaul provider LTQ Engineering will cease operations and close its Tullamarine facility in September, resulting in the loss of 164 jobs.
- Crush injury from unguarded machine results fines totalling $35K
A Melbourne forging company and a sub-contractor have received fines totalling $35,000 after a worker had his thumb crushed in an unguarded machine.
- Iron and steel manufacturing to fall a further 15% in FY2012-13, researchers predict
Australia’s troubled iron and steel manufacturing industry is expected to fall 15.6% in FY2012-13, new research predicts.
- HPM extension cords recalled due to dangerous manufacturing fault
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has issued an electrical safety recall for a selection of HPM white extension cords, due to a manufacturing fault which could cause electric shock.
- Airborne hazards unmasked
They may be small, often invisible, but airborne contaminants in the workplace can be deadly. Angela Welsh reports.