- An exporting focus the key for award winner
Rode Microphones took out Austrade’s prestigious Manufacturing Export Awards. Alan Johnson reports.
- Dollar weaker so it’s time to export
With the Australian dollar now at more realistic levels, many manufacturers are revisiting their exporting plans, with a focus on China.
- FactCheck: are Australian apprentices ‘disappearing’?
Following changes to employer incentives and policies, apprentice numbers have dropped significantly, but is is the end for the Australian apprentice?
- Industry minister talks to Manufacturers’ Monthly
Alan Johnson questioned manufacturing’s new industry minister, Ian MacFarlane, on the major issues facing industry going into 2014.
- Industry remains optimistic
Despite recent highly publicised factory closures, Australian manufacturing remains a half-glass-full type of industry as we go into 2014.