- Auto industry prepares to meet its maker
Saying 2014 was a bad year for Australian car making is putting it mildly. So what will happen to component suppliers after the car makers shut up shop?
- The top 100 manufacturers in Australia
This time each year IBISWorld delivers Manufacturers’ Monthly a list of the top 100 manufacturers in Australia. Alan Johnson investigates how the various sectors ranked on this year’s list.
- A nation on the cusp of a third wave: an interview with Ian Macfarlane
As the year draws to a close, Industry Minister Ian Macfarlane discusses the major issues facing Australia’s manufacturing industry with Manufacturers’ Monthly’s Editor-at-Large, Alan Johnson.
- Understanding environmental sustainability in manufacturing
Australian manufacturers planning a long term future must go down the sustainable manufacturing path, if they are going to survive. Alan Johnson reports.
- Local company welded to success
Common sense management and a strong focus on training are just two of the key reasons for a South Australian welding company’s remarkable success.