Gates Australia as part of Gates Industrial Corp, a global provider of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions, has introduced the next generation of premium hydraulics.
The new Gates MXT family of hoses is an innovative, patent-pending product line that is a lighter weight and more flexible solution.
It meets or exceeds a wide range of industry standards, and addresses both replacement market and original equipment manufacturer needs. It is designed for applications across industries such as agriculture, mining, construction and other end-markets with demanding performance requirements.
Gates Industrial CEO Ivo Jurek said the company has been focused on enhancing its product development and manufacturing capabilities. “MXT is a great example of how these investments are starting to pay off. This innovative new product further demonstrates our ongoing dedication to push the boundaries of applied materials science and manufacturing processes to deliver solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers,” said Jurek.
Gates Industrial CMO and SVP of product line management, Tom Pitstick, said the company’s customers have been saying they want lighter, more flexible and easier-to-handle products that address multiple industry standards. “They are seeking to enhance the performance of their machines, simplify their engineering processes, improve operational efficiencies and streamline inventory with a simplified selection of replacement products that can be used on virtually any original equipment platform. MXT delivers on these needs and adds value to our customers beyond just premium product performance,” said Pitstick.
Gates MXT Features
• More flexible with an average of 40 per cent decreased force-to-bend (compared to similar Gates products), allowing for faster and more ergonomic installation
• Up to 30 per cent lighter weight for improved fuel efficiency, easier handling and reduced shipping costs
• Meets or exceeds multiple industry standards, covering approximately 90 per cent of the hydraulic wire braid product applications
• Tested to exceed 600,000 impulse cycles – three times greater than industry standards
• Designed to work exclusively with Gates MegaCrimp couplings
Gates MXT is the latest addition to the Gates MegaSys product portfolio, a complete hydraulic hose and coupling system, and is available now in Australia and New Zealand as well as globally.