Australian manufacturers were amongst the winners at the 51st Australian Export Awards, held in Melbourne on Tuesday night.
The Australian Export Awards, co-presented by the Australian Trade Commission (Austrade) and the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, is one of the country’s longest running business award programs.
The winners list included RØDE Microphones, a company which designs and manufactures a range of audio products (Manufacturing Award); SWA Water Australia, a manufacturer of industrial waste water treatment plants (Small Business Award); and the Ecotech, a manufacturer of environmental monitoring instruments and services (Environmental Solutions award).
In total, there were 13 awards.The winners were selected from 76 finalists in a broad range of business categories. Together, the finalists generated export earnings of $9 billion in 2012-13 and employed 22,000 people.
The ceremony, which was held at the National Gallery of Victoria in Melbourne, was hosted by the Minister for Trade and Investment, Andrew Robb.
“Congratulations to the winners. Their international success enhances our overall economic diplomacy. They represent the vanguard of Australia’s international businesses and the awards recognise that,” Robb said.
The full list of winners:
- Prime Minister’s Australian Exporter of the Year Award – RightShip
- Agribusiness Award – Walnuts Australia
- Business Services Award – RightShip
- Creative Industries Award – Animal Logic
- Education and Training Award – Monash University
- Environment Solutions Award – Ecotech
- Health and Biotechnology Award – Aspen Medical
- Information and Communication Technology Award -LeadBolt
- Infrastructure and Construction Award – Cardno
- Manufacturing Award – RØDE Microphones
- Minerals and Energy Award – Otraco
- Regional Exporter Award – Tasmanian Quality Meats
- Small Business Award – SWA Water Australia