Harnessing the power of the Connected Enterprise

pneumatics-feature

Accelerated by the emergence of the Internet of Things (IoT), the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and the advances in enabling technologies, the “Connected Enterprise” elevates opportunity through greater connectivity and information sharing.


The idea and concept behind the term “Connected Enterprise”, consists of industrial operations that are intelligent, optimised, and secure.

Central to achieving this is the convergence of Information Technology (IT) and Operations Technology (OT) into a single unified architecture. This architecture can then be used to capitalise on operational, business and transactional data for improved enterprise, operations and supply chain performance.

Further to achieving this vision, it is critical to have connectivity at every level; this includes any sensor, valve, motor starter, contactor, breaker or relay at a particular site.

With much hype around the IoT and the IIoT, global automation companies are busily building Ethernet into their devices to allow enhanced communication and turn terms such as Industry 4.0 into a reality.

The Connected Enterprise brings top and plant floor together to optimise productivity and competitiveness, however, for existing plants a common challenge exists – how do we enable all this proposed value?

Upgrading controllers with Ethernet and buying new OEM machines with current technology may not result in production increase and may even cause availability issues and security breaches if the backbone of the system, being the plant network, is not where it needs to be.

To fully experience these benefits, it is important to first partner with a company that understands and can enable your vision and at NHP we deliver automation, intelligent motor control and sensing solutions that promise future integration to enable your Connected Enterprise.

Most manufacturing plants are only able to access 1 per cent of collected data from their operations, however, NHP allows you to unlock the other 99 per cent of data using secure, standards based industrial automation systems.

Partnerships with global industry leaders, Rockwell Automation and Cisco, strengthen NHP’s ability to bridge the gap seamlessly between these systems that were traditionally separated. These partnerships allow NHP to deliver one solution from the factory floor, through the Industrial Demilitarised Zone (IDMZ) and now up to the enterprise network, improving and scaling security and simplifying access to data.

A company like NHP can provide an expert team with the specialised knowledge when designing and building these system solutions from the ground up using leading technology. The company can help businesses prioritise the upgrade of your plant infrastructure in order to drive maximum improvements in the metrics that matter to your operations.

Some typical areas that can benefit from these solutions include, improved product quality, increased production efficiency and reduction in costs. In addition, the company can help a business identify the areas that needs attention first, and work with them one section at a time in order to develop their own Connected Enterprise.

NHP Electrical Engineering
03 94292999
nhp.com.au/more/enterprise