Manufacturers’ Monthly finds out from CRC how specialty chemicals for cleaning are essential in maintenance and performance in defence industries.
As one of Australia’s leading manufacturers of chemical cleaners, CRC Industries offers a comprehensive range of scientifically formulated products specifically targeted to meet the needs of Australia’s defence industries.
CRC’s diverse offering of aerosol and bulk cleaning products and systems cater to a broad range of defence applications, including auto mechanical, heavy vehicles, aviation, electrical precision, marine and more.
Managing director of CRC Australia, Shona Fitzgerald, said the company was dedicated to increasing the efficiency, reliability and safety of machinery and equipment through the provision of technologically advanced, high performance products.
“The defence sector is critically aware of the importance of asset protection and performance and the detrimental effects poor cleaning and maintenance protocols can have on machinery and equipment wear, safety and workplace productivity,’’ Fitzgerald said.
“CRC’s proven products and industry best practice are giving military and peacekeeping teams peace of mind and the ability to extend equipment life and provide healthier and safer working conditions.”
Fitzgerald said CRC’s expertise in supplying the defence sector was based on its commitment to innovation, strong process understanding and distribution networks.
“Through our proven systems, products and services, backed by over 50 years’ experience, we are proud of the role we have played in providing customers with excellent outcomes in productivity, labour management, equipment maintenance and safety,’’ Fitzgerald said.
“The defence industry has high standards and so do we. CRC is recognised as being a leader in product quality, performance and regulatory compliance.
“Our research and development team continually advances new and improved products to help workers in the defence industry do their job faster, easier and safer.
“As a premium supplier of quality industrial cleaners, degreasers, corrosion inhibitors and effective lubricants, we offer the tools needed to keep operations running smoothly, even in the harshest environments,’’ she said.
When choosing an industrial cleaner it is important you are getting the product that is best suited to your needs, and to seek professional advice where needed.
“There are many options to consider, such as whether to use chlorinated or non chlorinated formulas, with each have their advantages depending the specific applications and compliance protocols,’’ Fitzgerald said.
Traditional chlorinated solvents such as CRC Brakleen is an industry favourite because of its fast evaporation and good cleaning properties for non-polar soils such as grease, oil and carbon deposits.
CRC also offers an extensive range of non-chlorinated solvent blends such as Non-Chlorinated Brakleen, Brakleen Force and Lectra-Clean in addition to brominated, fluorinated and naturally derived solvents.
In each case it is important for users to familiarise themselves with the intended use, follow directions carefully and consider factors such as flammability, controls for EHS and effects that some compounds may have on materials such as plastics and elastomers.
Some of CRC’s best-selling cleaners are:
• CRC Bio Degreaser: It is biodegradable, non-toxic, non- hazardous, non-flammable, pH balanced, and water soluble. The advanced formula is powerful but non-abrasive, non-corrosive and solvent free, specially designed to penetrate and dissolve tough grease, oil and contaminants for easy removal – with a focus on personal and environmental safety.
• SmartWasher: Considered across multiple industry sectors as the ultimate solution to
parts washing, CRC’s patented SmartWasher systems deliver high-performance cleaning while maintaining a non-hazardous and non-flammable environment. The SmartWasher uses a natural process called bioremediation to degrade and remove contaminants from its cleaning fluid, allowing re-use.
• CRC NF Contact Cleaner: This is a revolutionary precision cleaning solvent which is non- flammable, chemically stable, non- conductive, non-corrosive and fast evaporating. NF Contact Cleaner instantly removes grease, oil, dirt, flux and other contaminants.
• CRC Brakleen NF: A non- flammable (NF) heavy duty cleaner and degreaser for
brake, clutch parts and general mechanical equipment. With its excellent penetration, CRC Brakleen NF helps brakes last longer and perform better, helps eliminate brake squeal and clutch chatter and safely settles and removes potentially hazardous brake dust. It is powerful, quick cleaning, quick evaporating, non-staining, non-corrosive and silicone free.
• Brakleen Compliance Plus: This modern technology product has been formulated to not only remove brake fluid, grease, oil and other contaminants from linings and pads, but is an ideal wetting agent for both brakes and clutches. Brakleen Compliance Plus is designed to be applied using a plastic sprayer, creating a mist which settles and removes dust from brake and clutch assemblies, keeping users in line with new Australian regulations prohibiting the use of compressed gas for the removal of debris.
In jurisdictions not impacted by the new laws, CRC’s original brake parts cleaner Brakleen and Brakleen Force are non-staining and non-corrosive products designed to safely settle and remove dust without the need for disassembly.
• CRC CO Contact Cleaner: A precision electronic cleaning solvent, CO Contact Cleaner is a technically proven, stable, inert, plastic safe formula. It is a high purity, non-staining, cleaning solvent with rapid evaporation.
• CRC Lectra-Clean: A trusted electric motor and equipment cleaner and degreaser. The TCE free product effectively removes grease, oil, wax dirt and other contaminants from motors, parts and other electrical and mechanical equipment.