- 3d printing
- 3d printing services
- atlas copco
- Atlas Copco compressors
- Australian exports
- Australian government
- australian industry group
- Australian manufacturers
- business and industry
- electricity supply
- Endeavour Awards
- Endeavour Awards 2019
- energy consumption
- Energy Efficiency Council
- energy savings
- energy savings Australia
- engineering Australia
- exports Australia
- global supply chain
- ifm Australia
- ifm efector
- ifm factory automation
- Industrial Internet of Things
- industry 4.0
- internet of things
- Redarc Australia
- renewable electricity
- renewable energy storage
- SICK Australia
- SICK Australia and New Zealand
- Weld Australia
- Welding Australia
- Welding Machines
- Welding Technology
- Women in Industry
- Women in Industry 2018
- women in manufacturing
- Workplace Safety
- Industry needs to nurture strong leaders
The latest figures suggest Australian leadership, which used to rank well internationally, has fallen behind the pack. This trend, writes Innes Willox, needs to be reversed as soon as possible.
- How to minimise pallet wrapping costs
All industry uses packaging in some way and many, many businesses need to wrap pallets. Matt McDonald looks at a pallet wrapping system that promises to keep the costs of so doing down.
- CSIRO: more companies should adopt metal-based additive manufacturing
The CSIRO’s Lab 22 is part of an effort to get Australian industry up to speed with metal additive manufacturing. Brent Balinski spoke to the innovation centre’s research director, Alex Kingsbury.
- Cyber security & peace of mind
Cyber security needs to be taken seriously. And, as Matt McDonald writes, it is not just the high profile targeted attacks that industry needs to watch out for.
- The man who built James Cameron a foam submarine
If you’ve ever enjoyed footage of a Great White shark in a feeding frenzy, a vast underground cave system, or the ghostly remains of a shipwreck, it’s quite likely you’ve benefitted from Ron Allum’s handiwork.
- Has the federal industry minister sunk the Aussie subs deal?
The issue of exactly what, if any, work Australian industry will get out of the next generation submarine fleet will be a hot one at least until the results of the government’s “competitive evaluation process” come out.
- Creating new opportunities with 3D printing – an interview with Stratasys
The world’s largest 3D printer company, Stratasys, is often quick to mention the importance of the ecosystem around its business.
- Manufacturers’ Monthly launches ‘Factories of the Future’
The inaugural Factories of the Future (FotF) event covered themes such as the decoupling of manufacturing from design, the growing influence of the cloud, and what an increasingly connected world might offer.
- 2015 Women in Industry Awards Finalists: Rising Star
Finalists for this year’s Rising Star award have been announced.
- 2015 Women in Industry Awards Finalists: Social Leader
Finalists for this year’s Social Leader award have been announced.
- 2015 Women in Industry Awards Finalists: Employer of the Year
Finalists for this year’s Employer of the Year award have been revealed.
- 2015 Women in Industry Awards Finalists: Mentor of the Year
The finalists for this year’s Mentor of the Year award have been announced.
- 2015 Women in Industry Awards Finalists: Marketing/Communications
The finalists for this year’s Marketing Communications award have been revealed.
- 2015 Women in Industry Awards Finalists: Industry Advocacy
Finalists for this year’s Industry Advocacy award have been announced.
- 2015 Women in Industry Awards Finalists: Excellence in Mining
Finalists for this year’s Excellence in Mining award have been announced.
- 2015 Women in Industry Awards Finalists: Excellence in Manufacturing
Finalists for this year’s Excellence in Manufacturing award have been revealed.
- 2015 Women in Industry Awards Finalists:Excellence in Engineering
The short-list of finalists for this year’s Excellence in Engineering award have been announced.
- The “Perfect Storm” of operational transformation in industry
Addressing the “Perfect Storm” of the operational transformation in industry will be key to operational success in 2020 and beyond.
- 2015 Women in Industry Awards Finalists: BDM of the Year
The short-list of finalists for this year’s BDM of the year award has been revealed.
- More than maintenance: appreciating CMMS
There is more to CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) than just choosing a maintenance package. Alan Johnson writes.