- From conception to export: Redarc discusses its breakthrough Tow-Pro product
South Australian electronics manufacturer Redarc is approaching the end of a two year development cycle for their latest vehicle braking product, the Tow-Pro electronic brake controller. Jack Baldwin reports.
- Making sense of Foreign Exchange [SPONSORED CONTENT]
Finding the right foreign exchange provider for your manufacturing business can make a big difference to your bottom line, as well as reduce risk.
- Melbourne 3D printing expo attendance similar to Sao Paulo, less than Seoul: Mediabistro CEO
The CEO of Mediabistro has called the Inside 3D Printing series’ first visit to Australia an “unqualified success”.
- Australian metalworking – still alive
Brent Balinski reports on some of the current trends in sheet metal work, working with lasers, waterjet cutting and bonding.
- Will food manufacturers crack under the pressure?
Food and beverage manufacturers can remain productive in the context of increasing raw material prices, energy prices and pressure from retailers.
- 2014 Women in Industry Award Winners: VIDEOS
Over 150 people turned out for the inaugural 2014 Women in Industry Awards dinner in June, where ladies from the mining, manufacturing and engineering sectors were rewarded and recognised for their career achievements.
- Additive manufacturing a must for local companies, says expert
Globally-renowned lasers expert Milan Brandt believes there’s great potential for Australian companies who want to explore 3D printing, but they’d better act fast. He spoke to Brent Balinski.
- Australia can create more value from titanium ore says CSIRO expert
Australia’s titanium wealth holds great potential. Additive manufacturing might play a part in creating more value from ore in the future.
- 2014 Women in Industry Award Winners: Employer of the Year Award – Brookfield Multiplex
Construction contract firm Brookfield Multiplex has won the 2014 Employer of the Year Award for its commitment to ensuring diversity is promoted within its ranks.
- 2014 Women in Industry Award Winners: Mentor of the Year Award – Natasha Cann
For her delivery of a no-cost online mentoring service, Natasha Cann has received the 2014 Women in Industry Award for Mentor of the Year Award.
- 2014 Women in Industry Award Winners: Excellence in Mining Award – Julie Shuttleworth
In recognition of her stellar career in the mining industry, Julie Shuttleworth has taken out the 2014 Women in Industry Award for Excellence in Mining.
- 2014 Women in Industry Award Winners: Excellence in Manufacturing Award – Lynn Johnson
Under the leadership of Lynn Johnson $446 million worth of offshore and national supply contracts have been secured by Victorian SMEs, and for this she has been awarded the 2014 Women in Industry Excellence in Manufacturing Award.
- 2014 Women in Industry Award Winners : Excellence in Engineering Award – Naomi Mathers
For her work in the space industry, Naomi Mathers has won the 2014 Women in Industry Excellence in Engineering Award.
- 2014 Women in Industry Award Winners: Industry Advocacy Award – Naomi Mathers
For her dedicated work in advocating Australia’s space industry to the world, Naomi Mathers has won the 2014 Women in Industry, Industry Advocacy Award.
- 2014 Women in Industry Award Winners: Social Leader Award – Natasha Cann
For her passion to see women in the mining industry thrive, and for going out of her way to do something about it, Natasha Cann has been awarded to 2014 Women in Industry Social Leader Award.
- 2014 Women in Industry Award Winners: Rising Star Award – Cassandra White
For her work in helping to build a support organisation for miners and their families through the not-for-profit organisation Miners’ Promise, Cassandra White was awarded the 2014 Women in Industry Rising Star Award.
- 2014 Women in Industry Award Winners: Business Development Manager of the Year – Jacky Magid
Being a driving force behind the development of an entirely new product range has seen Jacky Magid walk away with the 2014 Women in Industry’s BDM of the Year award.
- Dematic cuts costs with modular conveyance
Dematic ANZ has launched a new lineshaft conveyor, completing its recently-released family of modular, integrated package handling conveyor systems.
- Air receivers optimise compressor demands
Using air receivers to optimise the flow rate and volume of an industrial compressed air system helps minimise energy consumption and operating costs.
- Controllers that keep the big picture in mind
Compressed air management systems have long played an important role in compressed air systems.