- Are you ready for the Fourth Industrial Revolution?
First there was steam power. Then electricity. Then electronics and IT. Now the fourth industrial revolution has arrived: a mix of cloud computing, generative design and additive manufacturing. Are you ready to ride the wave for what’s arguably mankind’s greatest step forward? Jim Ward writes.
- The next industrial revolution will reinvent supply chains
Digital mediation platforms and trends such as the circular economy will profoundly change the ways manufacturers operate, believes supply chain expert Jan Godsell. Brent Balinski spoke to the Warwick Manufacturing Group professor about how this could look.
- Australia loses electric engine innovation to Silicon Valley
Australian entrepreneur Paul Evans, the creator of a new Axial motor for electric and hybrid cars, is going to Silicon Valley to seek venture capital funding after failing to secure local interest.
- Most manufacturers currently lag in global competitiveness
Australian companies pay an “Australia tax” of 7 – 15 per cent and are best placed to compete on value differentiation and market leadership, according to a recent report.
- Manufacturing Hall Of Fame Awards nominations open
Nominations have opened for the 2017 Victorian Manufacturing Hall of Fame Awards, which recognise outstanding achievements by local businesses and individuals.