How to avoid making buggy whips
Innovation might be a word some are sick of, but it remains essential for success. Melbourne-based manufacturer Trajan Scientific and Medical shared a few insights into what it involves for them. Brent Balinski writes.
Manufacturers demonstrate why more SMEs are looking abroad in the coming year
The future is promising for manufacturing exports, with economic conditions offering excellent opportunities for manufacturers. A number of recent developments have created these favourable conditions.
Academics do want to engage with business, but need more support
Universities today are under more pressure than ever to collaborate with industry.
In the words of Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull:
Increasing collaboration between businesses, universities and the research sector is absolutely critical for our businesses to remain competitive.
Key enabling technologies – the focus of the World Manufacturing Forum
Over 550 manufacturing professionals gathered in Barcelona at the World Manufacturing Forum in May this year to consider Industry 4.0 strategies. Bruce Grey shares some observations.
- July 27, 2016Comments 0One of the most important customer support requirements for any product is fast service response to technical issues. But finding who to contact and describing what…
- July 27, 2016Comments 0A new guide 3D Printing Rights & Responsibilities: consumer perceptions and realities has been launched to explain what consumers need to know before printing in 3D,…
- July 27, 2016Comments 0North Dakota, USA 3D printing business 3DomFuel grown its product mix to be three-tenths made up of novel filaments, including those made out of beer, coffee…
- July 27, 2016Comments 0A Productivity Commission review criticising the decision to build submarines locally has been disputed by the SA government, Australian Industry Group and others.
- July 27, 2016Comments 0New defence industry minister Christopher Pyne visited shipyards at Western Australia yesterday, dismissing suggestions he was focussed on winning shipbuilding work from the state for his…
- July 26, 2016Comments 0Japanese electronics maker Funai Electric is pulling the plug on the world’s last video cassette recorder.
- July 26, 2016Comments 0A collaboration by Hardi Australia with its sibling companies will create jobs in South Australia, according to the company’s chief executive.
- July 26, 2016Comments 0Tesla has doubled the amount of workers involved in construction of its “gigafactory” in the Nevada desert, aiming to have it complete by early next year…
- July 26, 2016Comments 0Innovation might be a word some are sick of, but it remains essential for success. Melbourne-based manufacturer Trajan Scientific and Medical shared a few insights into…Read More
- July 26, 2016Comments 1Like Henry Ford before him, Tesla founder and CEO Elon Musk is taking a new approach to car making. Where Ford focused on manufacturing a car…Read More
- July 26, 2016Comments 0The future is promising for manufacturing exports, with economic conditions offering excellent opportunities for manufacturers. A number of recent developments have created these favourable conditions.Read More
- July 26, 2016Comments 0Universities today are under more pressure than ever to collaborate with industry. In the words of Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull: Increasing collaboration between businesses, universities and…Read More
- March 31, 2016Comments 0
- March 31, 2016Comments 0
- March 29, 2016Comments 0
- April 01, 2014Comments 0
- July 12, 2016Comments 0There is great uncertainty in the business climate these days. Many folks are still just a bit hesitant to reach for their wallets. The biggest culprits...Read MoreJuly 12, 2016Comments 0Across the world, the Food and Beverage Industry demands mission-critical components that can work seamlessly within hygienic and corrosive wash down environments while also fitting seamlessly...Read MoreJune 20, 2016Comments 0Payroll for the manufacturing industry is complex. Managing different pay scales for different roles, dealing with a mix of unionised and non-unionised workforce, along with meeting...Read MoreJune 08, 2016Comments 0Supply chains are a complicated ballet of movements by machines, people, moving parts, supplies and material for use at precisely the right time and in exactly the right place. They...Read More