Collapse of Australian car manufacturing will harm R&D in other sectors: study
By the end of next year, car manufacturers Mitsubishi, Ford, Holden and Toyota will all have largely exited Australian manufacturing, taking their assembly lines overseas where the cost of production is significantly lower. This will create a vacuum for 260 businesses that supply accessories and components to the Australian automotive sector.
Don’t get dumped on
Duties are imposed on products dumped in Australia, but the system catches some ‘good guys’ too, as Alan Johnson reports.
Executive’s short-term outlooks the real killer of Australian innovation
Malcolm Turnbull’s Innovation Agenda focused attention on startups and technology-driven innovation, but this is not enough to overcome the broader problems inhibiting innovation in Australia. Businesses may be looking to the government to ease red tape as a means to increase innovation but what’s really blocking innovation is the short-term view of senior executives, our research finds.
On to grader things
Mount Waverley’s GP Graders has helped reshape the way stone fruit and other produce is sorted around the world, introducing automation to an area that’s sometimes been reluctant to embrace it. Brent Balinski spoke to the company’s Director, Stuart Payne.
- October 21, 2016Comments 0Falls from heights are an ongoing safety concern in all industrial environments. According to the Safe Work Australia report, Work-Related Injuries and Fatalities Involving A Fall…
- October 21, 2016Comments 0Tesla has announced that from this week onwards, all vehicles produced in its factory will have the hardware the necessary for fully autonomous driving. According to Tesla,... Read More
- October 21, 2016Comments 0Dessert and beverage base manufacturer, Frosty Boy Australia continues to invest in its people, most recently up-skilling its team through an exclusively designed eight-month leadership program.
- October 21, 2016Comments 0There are rumours that Apple is working with Sydney company Sonder Design to develop a special “E-Ink” keyboard for release with the 2018 MacBook.
- October 21, 2016Comments 0Next week 22 kangaroo-shaped Colorbond sculptures will be on display in Sydney’s The Rocks, as part of the coated steel’s 50th anniversary celebrations.
- October 20, 2016Comments 0With Ford closing its manufacturing operations in Victoria last month, and Toyota and Holden following suit next year, many observers are asking what led to this... Read More
- October 20, 2016Comments 0When a manufacturer boosts production to cope with burgeoning demand, efficiency-minded operations staff keenly seek out technologies to help them minimise costs and manual labour while... Read More
- October 20, 2016Comments 0GEA’s RedAstrum series is a standardised heat ammonia heat pump solution for indoor installation in industrial uses and local heat distribution networks. Distribution of heat to the... Read More
- October 21, 2016Comments 0By the end of next year, car manufacturers Mitsubishi, Ford, Holden and Toyota will all have largely exited Australian manufacturing, taking their assembly lines overseas where…Read More
- October 20, 2016Comments 0Today’s innovative manufacturers are matching the individuality of their workshop forefathers to satisfy a demand for an ever more personalised product. This trend towards personalisation has...Read MoreOctober 19, 2016Comments 0Duties are imposed on products dumped in Australia, but the system catches some ‘good guys’ too, as Alan Johnson reports.Read MoreOctober 18, 2016Comments 0Malcolm Turnbull’s Innovation Agenda focused attention on startups and technology-driven innovation, but this is not enough to overcome the broader problems inhibiting innovation in Australia. Businesses…Read More
- March 31, 2016Comments 6
- March 31, 2016Comments 6
- March 29, 2016Comments 6
- April 01, 2014Comments 0
- October 21, 2016Comments 0While ISO standards play an important role in design, they are not the be all and end all. This whitepaper shows that engineers should be prepared...Read MoreOctober 12, 2016Comments 0There is a perception that EtherCat is only suitable for highly complex automation processes. However, this whitepaper shows as an example of a Victorian abattoirs illustrates,...Read MoreOctober 11, 2016Comments 0Download this whitepaper to see how Cincom's Enterprise Resource Planning Solution can help your company bring its ERP operations in-house to reduce costs and improve cyber...Read MoreSeptember 27, 2016Comments 0Accurate, 3D sensing for factories has previously been prohibitively expensive. Time-of-flight chip advancements recently seen in personal mobile devices help make this is no longer the...Read More