Goodbye Ford - it was a pleasure to drive you
As was recently reported across the mainstream media and on our online daily news site www.manmonthly.com.au, the last six-cylinder and V8 engines have been produced at Geelong, completing one part of the Ford’s staged shutdown, which will tie in with the last vehicle being produced at Ford’s Broadmeadows plant on October 7.
Are you claiming your R&D?
Don’t miss out: it’s now easier to claim Research and Development (R&D) activities than ever before, as Alan Johnson reports.
Whether China is dumping steel in Australia under the ‘market economy’ label is very subjective
Steel dumping is the latest accusation levelled at China in a growing backlash against the country’s influence in Australia. But dumping can be in the eye of the beholder, depending on how much your country is exporting or importing (or both) and varying government regulations.
Meet an Endeavour Award winner - Norm Tucker, Heat Treatment Australia
Heat Treatment Australia applies its expertise to high-value parts for areas including aerospace and defence, making them stronger, lighter and more durable. Brent Balinski spoke to the company about its expansion, which will see it open its new Los Angeles site in October.
What is the Medical Technology Association and how does it wield its power?
If your health practitioner has used a syringe, tongue depressor (to look at your throat), pacemaker, stethoscope, X-ray or MRI scan, blood test, dental filling or joint implant to treat you, you’ve encountered a product from the medical technology industry.
- September 30, 2016Comments 0Perth-based 3D printing company Aurora Labs has announced that it has lodged another patent application, this time for a method of producing metal powders.
- September 30, 2016Comments 0Sigma Labs, Inc., a provider of quality assurance software under the PrintRite3D brand, today announced that it has received a contract from Honeywell Aerospace under the…
- September 30, 2016Comments 0A Tesla driver’s car has hit the back of a tourist bus in northern Germany, with the car in Autopilot mode at the time, according to…
- September 30, 2016Comments 0Whyalla’s Arrium workers have voted in favour of a 10 per cent pay cut, following a rejection of the new enterprise agreement last month, in news…
- September 29, 2016Comments 0Senator Nick Xenophon has blamed renewables for the state-wide blackout in South Australia yesterday.
- September 29, 2016Comments 0ASX-listed wearable technology company dorsaVI has received a Victorian government grant worth $350,000, which it will use to assist in developing its Jolimont facilities.
- September 28, 2016Comments 0Steps to increase trade with Iran have been taken this week, with a delegation including 20 senior businesspeople visiting Tehran, Austrade reopening its office, and an…
- September 28, 2016Comments 0Australia’s ranking in the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Competitiveness Report slipped one place to 22nd in 2016-17, indicating a slight deterioration in national business competitiveness…
- September 30, 2016Comments 0As was recently reported across the mainstream media and on our online daily news site www.manmonthly.com.au, the last six-cylinder and V8 engines have been produced at…Read More
- September 30, 2016Comments 0Don’t miss out: it’s now easier to claim Research and Development (R&D) activities than ever before, as Alan Johnson reports.Read More
- September 30, 2016Comments 0Steel dumping is the latest accusation levelled at China in a growing backlash against the country’s influence in Australia. But dumping can be in the eye…Read More
- September 29, 2016Comments 0Now is not the time for engineering companies in Australia to be ‘retiring’ experienced design engineers, project engineers, and estimators. It has not been common practice…Read More
- March 31, 2016Comments 2
- March 31, 2016Comments 3
- March 29, 2016Comments 2
- April 01, 2014Comments 0
- September 27, 2016Comments 0Accurate, 3D sensing for factories has previously been prohibitively expensive. Time-of-flight chip advancements recently seen in personal mobile devices help make this is no longer the...Read MoreAugust 30, 2016Comments 0The issue of traceability in food usually occurs whenever consumers are faced with the issue of food safety either in the media, or within their own...Read MoreAugust 16, 2016Comments 0There are a range of factors to consider when weighing up choices for wire-feed welding on a particular job. The most important thing to decide upon is...Read MoreJuly 29, 2016Comments 0Anyone who works in any kind of manufacturing plant knows that nothing can ruin a day faster than unscheduled downtime. The lost production time means lower...Read More