What we really need from innovation in Australia
The tone of commentary about the appropriateness and effectiveness of innovation as a centrepiece of Australian government policy has turned from one of enthusiasm, particularly among the start-up community, to pessimism and even rejection.
New plant-based oil emerging for use in industrial products
A new plant based oil is being developed to replace petrochemicals in industrial products ranging from fuels and lubricants to specialty chemicals and plastics, writes Hartley Henderson.
- July 22, 2016Comments 0A public access open data network has been launched in Sydney, connecting the city to the Internet of Things (IoT).
- July 22, 2016Comments 0South-east Queensland has emerged as an area of surprising manufacturing strength, with one local CEO suggesting that the benefits of clustering could be encouraged through zoning…
- July 22, 2016Comments 0About 25 jobs at Bluescope Port Kembla’s slabyard will be lost as automated processes are brought in.
- July 22, 2016Comments 0The acquisition is the first major step for Komatsu into the underground mining space since its partnership with GE to develop underground mining technology, as despite…
- July 21, 2016Comments 0Unlike our previous election, in fact unlike our past three federal elections, in the US, both candidates for president are vowing to revitalise and resurrect the... Read More
- July 21, 2016Comments 0Rare earth elements and their compounds are a crucial part of our everyday technologies. But our demand for these precious elements are growing, and the world's... Read More
- July 21, 2016Comments 0Servicing, Maintenance and Welding (SMW) Group provides field servicing, maintenance and emergency repair and rebuild services to customers in Central Queensland. The company also provides complete plant... Read More
- July 20, 2016Comments 0The manufacturing sector’s growth appears to be behind a surge in demand for machinery operators and drivers in a Department of Employment survey.
- July 22, 2016Comments 0The tone of commentary about the appropriateness and effectiveness of innovation as a centrepiece of Australian government policy has turned from one of enthusiasm, particularly among…Read More
- July 22, 2016Comments 1A new plant based oil is being developed to replace petrochemicals in industrial products ranging from fuels and lubricants to specialty chemicals and plastics, writes Hartley…Read More
- July 19, 2016Comments 0The business founded by young engineer, STEM evangelist and entrepreneur Marita Cheng has just begun shipping its new product, Teleport. Brent Balinski spoke to Cheng about…Read More
- July 19, 2016Comments 0The importance of the food industry to Australia’s economic future is being recognised in the grant space, with a number of grant opportunities at both the…Read More
- March 31, 2016Comments 0
- March 31, 2016Comments 0
- March 29, 2016Comments 0
- April 01, 2014Comments 0
- July 12, 2016Comments 0There is great uncertainty in the business climate these days. Many folks are still just a bit hesitant to reach for their wallets. The biggest culprits...Read MoreJuly 12, 2016Comments 0Across the world, the Food and Beverage Industry demands mission-critical components that can work seamlessly within hygienic and corrosive wash down environments while also fitting seamlessly...Read MoreJune 20, 2016Comments 0Payroll and HR may seem extremely simple to manage, but it’s not. One thing that can affect a company’s reputation and morale of its employees is...Read MoreJune 08, 2016Comments 0Supply chains are a complicated ballet of movements by machines, people, moving parts, supplies and material for use at precisely the right time and in exactly the right place. They...Read More