Manufacturing success with AMSIIntern
Australia’s leading national all-discipline, multi-sector postgraduate internship program, AMSIIntern is using research and innovation to transform Australian industry. From big business to SMEs, access to specialised research expertise is giving local companies, such as Omni Tanker, the leading edge.
Gas prices and global competition
Australian manufacturers are facing ever-escalating prices for gas. In 2016, local spot gas prices have gone from being substantially less than those in Japan to being substantially more. Spot prices will put pressure on contract prices.
Young Achiever division added to 2017 Endeavour Awards
Due to popular demand, this magazine has added a Young Achiever of The Year category to the 2016 Manufacturers’ Monthly Endeavour Awards.
Manufacturers cannot afford to view sustainability as a luxury: Kimberly-Clark
Kimberly-Clark ANZ’s Sustainability Advisor Ryan Kane spoke to Brent Balinski about the company’s sustainability drive in the last five years, and the priorities that will take it through to 2020.
- August 26, 2016Comments 0Coca-Cola Amatil increased profit to $198.2 million for the six months ending June, with the demand for bottled water offsetting lower soft drink sales.
- August 26, 2016Comments 0The world’s first self-driving taxis have begun picking up passengers in Singapore.
- August 26, 2016Comments 0Australian graphene solutions company Imagine Intelligent Materials has announced a successful field trial of a product for coating geosynthetics, enabling leak detection.
- August 26, 2016Comments 0A $250,000 project fund to support carbon fibre and advanced fibre-based manufacturing in Geelong was announced on Thursday afternoon, aiming to assist in commercialising collaborative projects…
- August 25, 2016Comments 0Orica and Yara have opened their joint venture Yara Pilbara Nitrates ammonium nitrate plant, located in Western Australia’s Pilbara region and expected to be operational... Read More
- August 25, 2016Comments 0Turck has announced two extensions of its inductive angle sensors for rotary actuators. Both new product offerings provide customers with a rotary valve sensing solution suited…
- August 25, 2016Comments 0Stratasys has previewed two new fused deposition modeling-based additive manufacturing technologies, co-developed with partners Boeing, Ford and Siemens.
- August 25, 2016Comments 0Industry minister Greg Hunt will announce grants for 13 Victorian manufacturing businesses today, which according to the government will help stimulate $104.5 million in private investment…
- August 25, 2016Comments 0Australia’s leading national all-discipline, multi-sector postgraduate internship program, AMSIIntern is using research and innovation to transform Australian industry. From big business to SMEs, access to specialised…Read More
- August 25, 2016Comments 0Australian manufacturers are facing ever-escalating prices for gas. In 2016, local spot gas prices have gone from being substantially less than those in Japan to being…Read More
- August 23, 2016Comments 1Kimberly-Clark ANZ’s Sustainability Advisor Ryan Kane spoke to Brent Balinski about the company’s sustainability drive in the last five years, and the priorities that will take…Read More
- August 19, 2016Comments 19Yesterday’s shocking announcement by the NSW Coalition government that a $2.3 billion contract for 500 intercity train carriages has been awarded to a multinational (mainly South…Read More
- March 31, 2016Comments 0
- March 31, 2016Comments 0
- March 29, 2016Comments 0
- April 01, 2014Comments 0
- August 16, 2016Comments 0There are a range of factors to consider when weighing up choices for wire-feed welding on a particular job. The most important thing to decide upon is...Read MoreJuly 29, 2016Comments 0Anyone who works in any kind of manufacturing plant knows that nothing can ruin a day faster than unscheduled downtime. The lost production time means lower...Read MoreJuly 12, 2016Comments 0There is great uncertainty in the business climate these days. Many folks are still just a bit hesitant to reach for their wallets. The biggest culprits...Read MoreJuly 12, 2016Comments 0Across the world, the Food and Beverage Industry demands mission-critical components that can work seamlessly within hygienic and corrosive wash down environments while also fitting seamlessly...Read More