How an export champion maintains its innovation edge
A frequently-used case study on what Australian advanced manufacturing encompasses – including a global mindset, high-value products and sophisticated technology – ANCA is a local manufacturers’ manufacturer. Co-founder Pat Boland told Brent Balinski a few things about what guides the company’s approach to innovation.
ABCC amended local content rules will help Australian steelmakers compete against low-quality imports
- December 07, 2016Comments 0The manufacturing industry in Australia has fundamentally changed, though it has a future, “a different future”, the assistant federal industry minister told an audience this week.
- December 07, 2016Comments 0The Alcoa aluminium smelter at Portland will need government assistance to keep operating, the Australian Workers Union has said.
- December 06, 2016Comments 0Metalysis, a South Yorkshire-headquartered company focussed on commercialising electrochemical metal powder manufacturing technology, has announced that its R&D function has successfully produced graphene using its process.
- December 06, 2016Comments 0Industry minister Greg Hunt met with executives from some of Australia’s major energy companies yesterday to discuss the “looming shortage” of the resource for manufacturers.
- December 05, 2016Comments 0Pilz Australia launched its new website which incorporates a new E-Shop for its customers.E-Shop will allow customers to not only browse the company’s vast portfolio of... Read More
- December 05, 2016Comments 0Sounds like an object right out of a sci-fi movie but Seven Dreamers, CEO, Shin Sakane seems to have come up with the “perfect” solution to... Read More
- December 05, 2016Comments 0Australia’s innovations will grow into successful businesses with help from the CSIRO Innovation Fund, a $200 million fund to commercialise early stage innovations from CSIRO, universities... Read More
- November 30, 2016Comments (0)Not all photoelectric sensors in industrial environments are accurate including photoelectric sensors on production lines, in factory processes, construction, and mining sites and in other industrial ...Read More
- December 07, 2016Comments 0The Business Council of Australia (BCA) looks set to double down on its failed strategy in its appointment of new president Grant King.Read More
- December 06, 2016Comments 0A frequently-used case study on what Australian advanced manufacturing encompasses – including a global mindset, high-value products and sophisticated technology – ANCA is a local manufacturers’…Read More
- December 01, 2016Comments 0Lean leadership is a key element of lean manufacturing and provides a framework for maximising the value of temporary employees. Standardising leadership of temporarily employed people…Read More
- December 01, 2016Comments 0First there was steam power. Then electricity. Then electronics and IT. Now the fourth industrial revolution has arrived: a mix of cloud computing, generative design and…Read More
- March 31, 2016Comments 20
- March 31, 2016Comments 16
- March 29, 2016Comments 17
- April 01, 2014Comments 0
- December 06, 2016Comments 0It is no secret Australian manufacturers have been experiencing a tough time of late. The high Australian dollar, a tough international market and high commodity prices...Read MoreDecember 04, 2016Comments 0Many Australian Manufacturers may allow Business to Slip through Process Cracks. Even if the order is fulfilled to the customer’s expectations,...Read MoreDecember 01, 2016Comments 0Australia’s food and beverage processing industries are worth approximately $26 billion to the economy and employ almost 235,000 people. It is a vital industry because it...Read MoreNovember 30, 2016Comments 0Machine safety and risk management is a major concern. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the highest rates of workplace injuries are found among more...Read More